Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the pipe showed it went back on back order, but i had one end up shipping out!! :D

expect a full test write up in a couple of weeks (it will show up when im on vacation...) cant wai:coffee:t....

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
R U Talking about the SR4 and if so then you could do a search and there are some write up about it which I have one and they are good, had them send me a core silencer with a spark arrestor installed and was able to bring the exhaust down to a quiter sound.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Have both but my mid-pipe for the Supertrapp was leaking so am waiting to get another build for it and during that time I'm using my original SR4 which is as good but I just love my Supertrapp sound.

No issues at all with the SR4, if you can, use the PCIII controller with Bo maps and it will run real good.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have both but my mid-pipe for the Supertrapp was leaking so am waiting to get another build for it and during that time I'm using my original SR4 which is as good but I just love my Supertrapp sound.

No issues at all with the SR4, if you can, use the PCIII controller with Bo maps and it will run real good.
i figured there wouldnt be issues. ive seen a few different 450 pipes from motoworks and they look top notch for sure.

i will primarily be riding at 5000' altitude and above so the stock map should do fine for now. ive been thinking about trying the wiseco fuel controller. it says its base is the stock map then you can adjust it from there. ive always wondered, is the pcIII the same way ? i always just figured the came preset with their own tune, then you adjust from it.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well got a chance to put some quality time with the new pipe.

the stock map is lean even at this altitude. it doesnt pop or ping noticably but the headpipe is blue almost all the way to the plastic and the end cap is clean.

wiseco controller should be here by the end of the week. :D

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
got it installed wow they have enough wire!

messed with it for 5 minutes at the shop nice difference!! cant wait to put some real time on it. :)

·
Registered
157 Posts
That pipe looks really nice. Any sound clips?

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I have a dmc full exhaust and ehs controller and lid mine is blue does that mean something is wrong? I have black powder on end of exhaust it runs great

Usually "blue headpipe" means lean mixture. I got my Barker blue , looked kinda cool but was running lean. My ECM was toast . What gave it away was the fan wouldn't come on. :D

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
no clips of the sound of the pipe. i like the sound! it is throaty and deep at an idle then snarls as the revs go up.

yea bax that was right when i put the controller on, the pipe has darkened a bit as the fuel mixture got more rich tuning with the new box.

maybe the dmc is chromed and the finish is turning color? i only have experience with stainless and mild steel pipes.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Got any sound clips yet?

·
Registered
392 Posts
I'm not getting any audio

1 - 20 of 21 Posts