Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have Motowoz suspension on their 700xx? www.motowoz.com I have them on my 450 and like them. Cant rememeber finding anyone on other forums that dont like them. So is their anyone out there with them?

·
Registered
671 Posts
I will be running a set on my 700XX, just waiting for Teixeira Tech to finish mocking up the new front and rear arms. Once the arms are done and shock specs are determined, Motowoz will be building me a set of shocks. I have been speaking to Jim over at Motowoz about the 700XX quite a bit in the last year. I think I have been the only one talking to him about 700XX shocks, at least he hasn't mentioned discussing the 700XX with any one else. I am sure he would be happy to build shocks for the stock a-arms if there was interest.

I bought a set for my 450R race quad a little over a year ago. They are by far the best shocks I have ever ran. I ordered a set for my 250R a while back and just waiting for them to be built, should have those in a week or two hopefully. I can't say enough about the shocks themselves and the customer service I have received, both have been great.

Doug

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I spoke with them, forgot the name, but when I asked, they weren't interested... maybe a little miscommunication... I've heard they're good though... working on something sweet for the xx as far as shocks, but that's another story

·
Registered
445 Posts
I will be running a set on my 700XX, just waiting for Teixeira Tech to finish mocking up the new front and rear arms. Once the arms are done and shock specs are determined, Motowoz will be building me a set of shocks. I have been speaking to Jim over at Motowoz about the 700XX quite a bit in the last year.
Doug
I've been hearing about a Teixeira Tech front & rear setup for over a year......when will it happen?

The Houser kit is not wide enough and Sonic don't do a matching front end.

Linc

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will be running a set on my 700XX, just waiting for Teixeira Tech to finish mocking up the new front and rear arms. Once the arms are done and shock specs are determined, Motowoz will be building me a set of shocks. I have been speaking to Jim over at Motowoz about the 700XX quite a bit in the last year. I think I have been the only one talking to him about 700XX shocks, at least he hasn't mentioned discussing the 700XX with any one else. I am sure he would be happy to build shocks for the stock a-arms if there was interest.

I bought a set for my 450R race quad a little over a year ago. They are by far the best shocks I have ever ran. I ordered a set for my 250R a while back and just waiting for them to be built, should have those in a week or two hopefully. I can't say enough about the shocks themselves and the customer service I have received, both have been great.

Doug
cant wait to see it when its done and to hear they are on the 700xx

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I've been hearing about a Teixeira Tech front & rear setup for over a year......when will it happen?

Linc

Laeger make a +2 and I think IMS Roll do aswell.

·
Registered
354 Posts
just checked out the motowoz site, they look SWEET !!! i personally don't know anyone who runs them, mostly works and elkas, but these things look like they are no joke...

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Linc
i know this is personal preference when it comes to how wide you want the front end. but the houser set up has been tried and tested true as a winning baja setup over and over. and now that i have them i am a believer in how much better the xx handles. i ran with wheel spaces +2in and though i know there not the same as arms i like it so much better at this width. just something to think about.

·
Registered
354 Posts
i know this is personal preference when it comes to how wide you want the front end. but the houser set up has been tried and tested true as a winning baja setup over and over. and now that i have them i am a believer in how much better the xx handles. i ran with wheel spaces +2in and though i know there not the same as arms i like it so much better at this width. just something to think about.

Houser a-arms are nasty, almost indestructable, so are lonestar, they will both steal your lunch money !!! :lmao:

·
Registered
445 Posts
To clear up a few things......

Superswire

I like Houser, I have Houser everything on my other quad, I know it's well made stuff.

Remmington

Wayne Matlock also won the baja with a Roll Design front end and wheel spacers.......that was before he was SPONSORED by Houser.

Also you mention that your Houser arms have made a heap of difference to you.....what other arms have you tested? Houser arms can not be used with the stock shocks and you have Elkas listed in your mods. How do you know it is the arms and not the shocks that made the difference?.

Bax

Thanks mate; at the moment IMS Roll Design front end is first on the list but also the most expensive front end on the market. Laeger's seem to be going bankrupt every second week and also are high maintenence........I've seen this.

My ultimate desert setup is below......

My first preference is a setup that doesn't exist (yet) and that is +2" wide & long..........a Sonic rear (+2" wide & +1" back) with IMS front (+2" wide & +1" forward) would fit the bill but also make things difficult (to get the shocks right) and expensive.

If Houser did a kit as specd above I would snap it up in an instant. Houser stuff is resonably priced and they will supply shocks (or specs) to suit.

With my current wheel tyre combo the above kit would result in a quad that is 4" wider and 2" longer. The extra wheelbase will result in greater high speed stability and be better in the rough stuff.

·
Registered
445 Posts
what shocks would you put with that idea set up linc?

.......firstly, sorry for hi-jacking the thread.

FOX or Elka......not because thay are the best but because they are good quality with good support, parts availability and local supply.

If I was dreaming they would all be the same length with external reseviors. The only diference would be valving and springs. Every other part would be interchangable.

·
Registered
354 Posts
:lmao: thanks

i seriously know what i'm talkin about, it just doesn't show through in my typing i guess, prob doesnt help my roomie gets off at midnight and i'm usually tired and half-buzzed when i'm typing on here

·
Registered
671 Posts
Per my last conversation with Ed a couple of weeks ago, he should be close to wrapping up the front a-arms and stem by now, they may actually be done. I think Ed told me that the front arms are +1 ¾”, but don’t remember exactly, I just remember he said the quad will be 50” wide with 4:1 offset wheels.

The rear suspension is next; he has some really good ideas to help with the push and to make the rear suspension work better overall. Unfortunately, I can’t tell you what Ed is doing as he swore me to secrecy!

Ed is trying to get everything wrapped up by end of July, as my plan is to pick the quad up from him the second weekend in August. Hopefully everything works out. Not sure when Ed will be taking orders for this stuff, that would be something he would have to answer.

Doug

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Per my last conversation with Ed a couple of weeks ago, he should be close to wrapping up the front a-arms and stem by now, they may actually be done. I think Ed told me that the front arms are +1 ¾”, but don’t remember exactly, I just remember he said the quad will be 50” wide with 4:1 offset wheels.

The rear suspension is next; he has some really good ideas to help with the push and to make the rear suspension work better overall. Unfortunately, I can’t tell you what Ed is doing as he swore me to secrecy!

Ed is trying to get everything wrapped up by end of July, as my plan is to pick the quad up from him the second weekend in August. Hopefully everything works out. Not sure when Ed will be taking orders for this stuff, that would be something he would have to answer.

Doug

Thanks for the headsup , Can't wait to try some of these things. Go Ed !:yay:

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Wayne Matlock also won the baja with a Roll Design front end and wheel spacers.......that was before he was SPONSORED by Houser.

Also you mention that your Houser arms have made a heap of difference to you.....what other arms have you tested? Houser arms can not be used with the stock shocks and you have Elkas listed in your mods. How do you know it is the arms and not the shocks that made the difference?.
your right, i wasnt trying to say it was the only way to go just that it works well. all the other arms are just as good and offer different options.
and yes im sure its the arm and shock como that has helped and the fact that the arms have adjstment where stock doesnt really. but like you said you cant really test one without the other. ive ridin other quads with roll design and other arms and a mix of shocks as well fox olians ect. and the all road very nice. was just trying to point out that if you were questioning weither on not the 0.75 actually makes a difference it does thats all.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts