Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure where to post this, so I guess I'll post it here...

I'm going on a very desolate camping trip this coming weekend where I'll have a TON of miles of riding without seeing a single person. Just curious to what mpg this quad gets, or if anyone knows how many miles per tank u can go?

Any reply would be useful so I can guage whether or not I'll need to strap a gas can on (someone else's) bike.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I rode like a bat out o hell for 2 days, 1st day approx 65 miles or less. She took 2 gallons +- from the can at the end of the day.

My terrain was mostly flat loose gravel, with some mud and water.

Any thoughts about strapping on a 1 gal gas can? I know, its a bomb. Anyone else you riding with? How about the larger tanks (IMS?)

also check this out..
http://www.tourbuddy.com/atv.shtml

would be cool to have something that screws onto the top of your tank, kind of like a hot water bladder (the old red ones). Fill it with gas to top off and it sits on top of your existing tank or something... Hmmmmm.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Luckily for me I have one guy in the group with a big polaris sportsman. I think his quad would be the best to make the rolling time bomb (aka gas carrier). I ride too out of control to do it. He rides significantly slower and more stable.
Most of my riding is desert trails, gravel roads, hard compact dirt, some muds and streams, etc. Excited to get the 700 out there

·
Registered
364 Posts
Luckily for me I have one guy in the group with a big polaris sportsman. I think his quad would be the best to make the rolling time bomb (aka gas carrier). I ride too out of control to do it. He rides significantly slower and more stable.
Most of my riding is desert trails, gravel roads, hard compact dirt, some muds and streams, etc. Excited to get the 700 out there
I had the pleaasure of flogging the xx for over 110 miles in western pa. Converted rails to trails with tons of off shoots, hills etc. I wrote a full review in the general section.

The 700 is my first big sport quad, just tapping the throttle at 60mph to slide the corner is amazing.

Be careful.. I flipped her backwards on top of myself while landing on a rock with my back. See the story. Full body armor. It is a necessity if you ride like a mad man.

·
Registered
551 Posts
:stupid:yep i'm orderin mine soooooon as i can!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts