Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys, I'm on a budget here and have been looking for some riding boots. I came across two that seem to suit my needs, Answer Racings Fazer boot and MSR VX1 ATV boot. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with either of the two or knows someone who has and could give me some feedback. TIA

John

·
Registered
355 Posts
They both look like they'd offer protection. The MSR looks like it has a nice lug sole which helps if you ever need to get off and push.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They both look like they'd offer protection. The MSR looks like it has a nice lug sole which helps if you ever need to get off and push.
Thanks for the input. That is the one I'm leaning towards.

The protection factor comes into play a little bit but not as much if I was riding a dirtbike. I have nerf bars so the only real protection I would need is from tree limbs slapping me in the shin, so as you stated both seem to offer about the same protection.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Look them up on like RMATV or something, and read the reviews. That is how I usually shop for boots. I usually just go w/ foxes though as they are comfy, but for rec. riding I just use some Thor's, nothing fancy

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Look them up on like RMATV or something, and read the reviews. That is how I usually shop for boots. I usually just go w/ foxes though as they are comfy, but for rec. riding I just use some Thor's, nothing fancy
Thats basically what I did. I ended getting the MSR's. Nothing to fancy but fit and finish is great. They do run about a size bigger then regular shoes, but it helps for the winter months when you double layer your socks. The price wasn't bad either, paid $80.95 shipped from LocoX.com They are normally $89.95 but had a 10% off discount code.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.