Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of set that will work for the front fenders..??

i'm a wuss......just in case it gets so muddy.....

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
nash04 had a set fabed up theres a few threads with pics about it

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I was thinking about this at the warm up race I did. The British Champ has a plastic sheet that he attaches to the front mudgaurds down to the nerfs. It is about 14" wide and seems to do the job. :D

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
I was thinking about this at the warm up race I did. The British Champ has a plastic sheet that he attaches to the front mudgaurds down to the nerfs. It is about 14" wide and seems to do the job. :D
hmm seems like it would be to bouncy... if u will too much movement for plastic to with hold IMO... what kinda plastic? TPE would withstand it...which is a thermoplastic elastomer that is more like a "rubber"(i know plastic and rubber r the same thing they r just not usually refered to as the same thing)... and pics or a link if u can. not sayin ur wrong just just curious.

·
Registered
199 Posts
hmm seems like it would be to bouncy... if u will too much movement for plastic to with hold IMO... what kinda plastic? TPE would withstand it...which is a thermoplastic elastomer that is more like a "rubber"(i know plastic and rubber r the same thing they r just not usually refered to as the same thing)... and pics or a link if u can. not sayin ur wrong just just curious.
:confused::confused: FLUBBER???? :hey::hey::hey::hey::hey:

·
Registered
497 Posts
I have been looking for the same thing. Also would like some better heel guards. Something similar to what's on a Rancher or Foreman.... So Our feet can stay dry while we play in the mud all day.:D

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Man, I'm gonna go lookin for some "Stuff" to make some flaps from...
Maybe rear splashes as well...:nuts:

·
Registered
364 Posts
He basically made DS650 flaps out of a garbage can lid.. its actually a great idea, and with some bling could look ok. Removable etc.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Get a utility quad... ;)

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Forgive me but those are actually trailer fenders cut to fit the bike which worked great last time Dagirl and I went riding but now due to my new plastic/graphics, I change the fenders to a wider and black one, will post pictures once I have the new plastic installed.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Sorry.. yes, trailer fenders.

Regardless, you are onto an AWESOME idea... I would but these in 2 seconds flat.

Did you consider ds650? I was looking at the schematics on bikebandit. Looks like some type of bracket that connects to the a-arm. I wonder if we could weld something on to mount. Would be clean....

I was looking on ebay, whole assembly would be approx $200.

The bracket would be a bit tricky, but once mounted you could easily remove the "mud flaps" when not in use

Attachments

·
Registered
364 Posts
DS650 has been running a setup like this for years..

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
The new fenders barely moves and they look pretty good for the trimming that I had to do. Will post pictures this weekend

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Sorry.. yes, trailer fenders.

Regardless, you are onto an AWESOME idea... I would but these in 2 seconds flat.

Did you consider ds650? I was looking at the schematics on bikebandit. Looks like some type of bracket that connects to the a-arm. I wonder if we could weld something on to mount. Would be clean....

I was looking on ebay, whole assembly would be approx $200.

The bracket would be a bit tricky, but once mounted you could easily remove the "mud flaps" when not in use
The fenders are attach by 2 bolts only so they are easy to remove then you could leave the brackets there or take them off since they are bolt on.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Your talking about the bracket you made, not the ds650 bracket correct?

I found a local guy selling the whole assembly for $75! Fenders and bracket..

·
Registered
667 Posts
:birds:Man up and remove the fender all together!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts