Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying the xx in a "No1 Plate Series" Purely for fun and it consists of one round for each disipline in the QRA.
Far as I know the rounds will consist of :

1 Round of Beach Racing
1 Round of Dirt Track (oval)
1 Round of TT but held on fresh grassland
1 Round of XC.
There maybe more just guessing at the moment.

I would like some suggestions on tyre choices.
The main tyres you have, that are not imported to the UK are:
11" Kutter
11" Maxxis
18x10x10 Maxxis
18x10x10 BKT
The smallest tyre I can buy is a ITP 19" for the rear 10"rim but this is only a 2 ply tyre.
Please just post youre thoughts and I will see if they are availible and thank you in advance.:D

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been using the 20x11x10 Klaws and love them. But never tried them in sand or fresh grass. Maybe you have and could post youre opinion.It would help big time.

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
I don't have much experience with sand or the Klaws. My buddies run them on there ltr450's and yfz450's though and they swear by them. I was actually thinking about getting some 10" rears and going with the Klaws just to try them out. Sorry i'm not much help in the racing department.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
xx700xx just got they claws and they look sweet. I know he hasn't had them out yet but the look of the tread when they are mounted for the softer terain look like it would have a scooping action for the sand as compared to something like the razr which has just the straight tread. Again this is just an observation but makes sense

·
Registered
528 Posts
one of my buddies runs klaws on his xx in the sand, they work just fine, the thing is if you hit the sand with any kind of moement, it doesnt take a great tire to get the bike up to speed, its digging out of the hole is where the tire shows its capabilities. i think the claw should work for you in your scenario.and get the sway bar, it will help on all terrains :D

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the input guys , I'll go for the Klaws.
One of Kyles swaybars is on the "to get" list for 2011 but money is gunna be tight this year due to the Utah trip in September.

But this brings me to another question. how do you think running one of Kyles swaybars on the front would do ? I am thinkin it would help out alot for the TT and Oval rounds.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Thanks for the input guys , I'll go for the Klaws.
One of Kyles swaybars is on the "to get" list for 2011 but money is gunna be tight this year due to the Utah trip in September.

But this brings me to another question. how do you think running one of Kyles swaybars on the front would do ? I am thinkin it would help out alot for the TT and Oval rounds.
it is a very good question, it works on cars, run a lighter one on the front though, i may even try that option by running my stock one on the front....

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Was gunna try 11/16" on the rear and 9/16" on the front. This all theory but this is 1 of 2 projects that is a must for this year. The other make a 9" rim fit on the rear , I think both can be done fairly easily .

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I think a sway on the front would kick ass for TT. Moving the stock sway to the font may be enough.
I was going to try and fit the stock 700XX sway on the front of my Rincon since it is just laying around doing nothing.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
it is a very good question, it works on cars, run a lighter one on the front though, i may even try that option by running my stock one on the front....
My post seems pretty unoriginal now, FAIL. Keep telling myself, read the whole thread before you type. But still a good idea!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Tyres

I'm looking to get some new tars for my TRX700 but not sure RZRS are good for the bike but what ya'll be done thinking about the RZRS or maybe some HOLSHOTZ???:xx:Ride on..ride on!!:xx:

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
For beach racing , I have a worn set of 22" front Klaws . Would they be better if shaved off the outside knobbles and just left the centre knobs on ?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts