Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got the bug to get some new tires for my 700XX, so I ordered some Duro 24-9-11 Red Eagles for the rear, and Duro 23-7-10 Thrasher fronts. Once I had them mounted, I realized those rears were a tall, narrow, round profile tire like a front utility tire. I hated the looks of them, so I sent those back and got 24-10-11 Kenda Bearclaws for the rear. At first I was a little concerned about the added height and weight, and how it would affect gearing and rideability. Rode this past weekend and they work awesome in the trails! I have a 13 tooth front sprocket, and had to fan the clutch a little more, but the beast had no problem turning them. It sits up higher and rides even smoother, and yet handles better than stock! They make it feel almost unstoppable!:D Now to save up for the PC V...:hey:

Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
551 Posts
Those taller rears are like havin the 14T and stock tires, u could go to a 12T and it would be like stock tires and a 13T again! Looks great she's so clean and shiney!!! Mine looked that way till her first trip to the woods. Now she looks like she's been hit with 90 grit, lol. Why did we buy them for rite!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the compliments! I use Plexxus plastic cleaner & polish and it really helps the black plastics. The side panels were almost white looking before I polished them.

·
Registered
33 Posts
hey fellas i ride a lot in the open desert a lot of time in fith gear,you guys think taller tires like that will get a little more top end?im sure my 700 with the 14t.will be able to move them,or is teh gearing going to be to tall?by the way your bike looks killer man.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There isn't much sand around here in KY, but I'd say they would do better than the stock tires, but not like paddles. I rode some more technical trails this past weekend and will be going to a 12 tooth front sprocket, the 13 tooth makes it a little too fiesty in the rocks lol.

·
Registered
551 Posts
hey fellas i ride a lot in the open desert a lot of time in fith gear,you guys think taller tires like that will get a little more top end?im sure my 700 with the 14t.will be able to move them,or is teh gearing going to be to tall?by the way your bike looks killer man.

If u go taller tires ur gonna have to really feather the clutch ALOT, Yea u should get more top end.

·
Registered
369 Posts
how do the 24inch tires handle compared to the stock tire in all conditions

700XX with big 3

·
Registered
551 Posts
Dont know since I have stock size RAZRs on the rear but would probally make it feel more top heavy and push more. Just my thoughts.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Actually since I originally posted this I have went to the 24-9-11's. They have a smaller O.D. which closer matches the 23-7-10's on the front. These seem to be the best compromise in a slightly larger tire that still handles well. They have very stiff walls and don't roll under as much as the stock tires do. This means better cornering with less "rolly" feel, and still a reasonable center of gravity.

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
Well I got the bug to get some new tires for my 700XX, so I ordered some Duro 24-9-11 Red Eagles for the rear, and Duro 23-7-10 Thrasher fronts. Once I had them mounted, I realized those rears were a tall, narrow, round profile tire like a front utility tire. I hated the looks of them, so I sent those back and got 24-10-11 Kenda Bearclaws for the rear. At first I was a little concerned about the added height and weight, and how it would affect gearing and rideability. Rode this past weekend and they work awesome in the trails! I have a 13 tooth front sprocket, and had to fan the clutch a little more, but the beast had no problem turning them. It sits up higher and rides even smoother, and yet handles better than stock! They make it feel almost unstoppable!:D Now to save up for the PC V...:hey:
Thanks for looking!
What did you pay for these bear klaws on the rear?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They were around $56.99 each through Dennis Kirk.

·
Registered
369 Posts
thank for the info how do these razers work in the sand pits and that stuff. for corning and hill climbing I love the pits

700xx with big 3

·
Registered
12 Posts
Bear Claws on the XX

Nice bike Woodsrider! I can definately vouch for Bear Claws on an XX. I have been running 24x10-11 Bear Claws on the rear of my XX for about 6 months now and they work awesome. I beat my buddy's 500 Foreman on 27" mudlites in a mud hole last weekend. He got high centered in a rut and had to be pushed out. I let the XX work its magic and went throught the same hole several times! I went to a 12 tooth sprocket and the XX pulls them like 22's with a 13. Like woodsrider said, they ride better and pull WAY better than the stocks. You can even slide them pretty good once you get used to them. The only time I get stuck is when I high center which is pretty rare and I have put this bike in some hard places. They do tend to push more in the corners but a good set of fronts will correct most of that. I highly recommend them if you are looking for a secret weapon in the woods.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I mainly ride in the Daniel Boone national forest, and at Mountain Parkway offroad occasionally.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
I mainly ride in the Daniel Boone national forest, and at Mountain Parkway offroad occasionally.
How is Daniel Boone trails, some of us are debating in going either there or Hatfield in October after we leave Busco Beach, NC. We are taken a week off and just ride :yay:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts