Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This was actually alot easier than I thought it would be and really only took about 1.5 hours to get the cam out. At the time of this writing, I haven't put it back in yet but... we'll see. I started taking pics after I had the fuel tank and everything it takes to get it off - off. So here you go. The blue arrow in the last pic is the decompressioner and why I changed cams to begin with and yes, I am replacing it with a stock cam (Thank you very much Jude - nm700xx.) I will be putting it back together tomorrow night. Is there anything I need to know first?

Hint: when doing a cam change - you dont need to drain the gas, just turn the valve to the off position. lol

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Since you are already that far, you should just toss in a Hot Cam 3. Cheap easy power since you are already that far

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Since you are already that far, you should just toss in a Hot Cam 3. Cheap easy power since you are already that far
I thought about it, but I dont have ANY other performance mod. That would require, intake, tuner, full exhaust... another $1000 worth of shit. I'm pretty happy with the power I have so I just put a stock cam back in.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
New cam didn't fix anything. Only thing not replaced is the cam chain itself. I guess that's next. Anyone have a how to? Or How much more of the motor needs to be taken apart?

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For future readers - I ended up replacing the cam chain. Fixed everything.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lol no.... I mean y were u fixing it... What was it doing?
It was making this ticking noise. I originally thought it was a decompressioner so i switched out cams - still there. Then I had a new cam chain installed and that fixed it. Technician said even with the cam chain adjuster there, you could pick the chain off the top of the sprocket! I'm just glad it didn't jump time and destroy the engine.

This should have all been fixed THE RIGHT WAY when I took it to the dealer a year and a half ago - when it was still under warranty no less for this noise and they rebuilt the motor and charged me for it. Still ticking away when I got it back. You would've thought they would've put a new cam chain in on a rebuild, pretty sure they just did rings and bearings on it though - piece of shits.

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
well boys and girls we've learned a valuable lesson from this. If you want it fixed right you do it yourself! haha j/k Glad you got it fixed Swope :tup:

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well boys and girls we've learned a valuable lesson from this. If you want it fixed right you do it yourself! haha j/k Glad you got it fixed Swope :tup:
That is EXACTLY the lesson learned.

·
Registered
99 Posts
If I am reading your post right, Have you put the HC3 in it yet? My thinking is just like your ariginal post about being happy with the stock power but still I would like to know what you think about the HC# compared to stock

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I dont have the HC3 in my hands yet - i'm anxious to get it all put together though. i'll be going from stock to big3 + cam.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts