Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
No Helmet?? Nice that she is learning a new Sport/Hobby but you could be pushing the safety a little too, a helmet could save your life. Not busting balls just an observation.

·
Registered
323 Posts
No Helmet?? Nice that she is learning a new Sport/Hobby but you could be pushing the safety a little too, a helmet could save your life. Not busting balls just an observation.

+1000

I love that you're doing stuff with your kids, but c'mon...be the example. Full gear all the time. Last year several people were killed on quads simply loading them on the trucks/trailers. It can happen when you least expect it. It takes 7 psi to break a collar bone. You can crack your skull with as little as 15 psi and the brain will be damaged with as little as 140 psi. Falling off a quad at 5 mph would generate nearly 2000 psi if the rider landed on their head.

Sorry to be a buzz kill, but this is something I don't mess around with and you shouldn't either.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
+1000

I love that you're doing stuff with your kids, but c'mon...be the example. Full gear all the time. Last year several people were killed on quads simply loading them on the trucks/trailers. It can happen when you least expect it. It takes 7 psi to break a collar bone. You can crack your skull with as little as 15 psi and the brain will be damaged with as little as 140 psi. Falling off a quad at 5 mph would generate nearly 2000 psi if the rider landed on their head.

Sorry to be a buzz kill, but this is something I don't mess around with and you shouldn't either.
i agree with you. she was only moving the quad closer to the truck to load it up. the next thing i know is she is taking it down the dirt road. she didnt go out of first gear. she has a helmet.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Lesson learned...I watched my oldest get flung off her little snowmobile a few years ago in the front yard...with all the gear on...watching her tumble was a scary moment for me. She was fine, but I wasn't!

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
A friend of mine who has many years of experience in atv, took mine for the first time and 100' down the road, she hit a tree!! She wasn't used to the power of our bike and hit the throttle a tad too hard, lol!! Good thing that she had her "helmet" on because the bike tried to roll over her but she jump off on time.

Always be safe, no matter how short the ride is. Learned by experience.

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
WOW here i thought I was gonna get flamed for mentioning it, I sure am glad others feel the same. I also would not let my daughter ride without a helmet, its just not worth the risk.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts