Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not on the XX, but my RZR 800....

Direct bolt in for a superior ride. :)

Got the LTR450 shocks going on the front this week. Should be a nice ride then.

Mav

·
Registered
192 Posts
That's awesome. I want to do a similar mod to my Rincon, but I'm not sure as to what shock I should use. Are the DS450 shocks better than the TRX450? I have found the TRX450 shocks cheap on ebay before, $151 for all 3 shocks, but I have to get my ass in gear and actually measure the shock lengths and the mounts.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The KYB DS450 xmx shocks are said to be better, but it's probably a brand name issue more than functionality. I have yet to see the TRX shocks go for less than $300 for the fronts alone. The word I have heard is that the TRX shocks are a bit shorter than the DS shocks. About an inch or so.

Find the length of the Rincon shocks eye to eye. That's your starting point.

Mav

·
Registered
192 Posts
The KYB DS450 xmx shocks are said to be better, but it's probably a brand name issue more than functionality. I have yet to see the TRX shocks go for less than $300 for the fronts alone. The word I have heard is that the TRX shocks are a bit shorter than the DS shocks. About an inch or so.

Find the length of the Rincon shocks eye to eye. That's your starting point.

Mav
I bought the shocks on ebay a few years ago for my Z400. They were still up for auction and I guess everyone forgot about them so I got 3 brand new shocks for $151.xx. I was pumped. But if the DS450 shocks are longer, then I should proably start with those, I think I read somehwere that the front shocks on the Rincon are about 18in front eye to eye. I'll measure them tomorrow while I have the tires off. Now did I read correctly in another one of your posts that you are swapping the DS450 springs with the ones from the 700's shock?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The DS shocks are about 18.5" eye to eye. So they may work on the Rincon. From what I have read the TRX shocks are 17"-17.5".

In the pics above, the DS shocks have XX springs on it. The yellow DS springs we way to soft to hold up the rear weight of the RZR.

Mav

·
Registered
192 Posts
The shocks in the picture, are they the rear shock from the DS?

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
What brand shocks were on the Polaris?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just the factory no name ones. Only preload adjustments, nothing else.

Mav

1 - 9 of 9 Posts