Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Of my Honda's and my gf's Yamaha.

Attachments

·
Registered
984 Posts
Nice selections, isn't it nice to have a choice of what to ride any given day. I was really considering a Wolverine awhile back, I just didn't feel there was going to be enough power to keep me happy. I almost got one for the wife but I got such a great deal on a leftover DVX I couldn't pass it up.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Wolverine is my girl friend's ride. She used to have to pull me out of some of the worst spots I could find out on the trails before I got the xx. Now I may have to pull her out!! It's plenty fast for her though. But now she wants to try out my xx:-/ I'm going to let her practice on the 400 before she burns up the clutch in the 700. I was going to buy her one but I'm just not sure she's ready for that kind of ATV just yet. I really think she'd get hurt on it.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I know what you mean, I already lived out that nightmare back in December, we went for a ride the day after I got my XX. We were riding at our camp in Vermont when she flipped our son's 250ex going up a rocky steep uphill trail, she landed on her elbow then the machine landed on her then luckily rolled off. I was already on my way back to help her over the rocks and watched the whole thing, the scariest part was when she didnt move after the machine rolled off, believe me I couldn't run fast enough. She was wearing several layers of clothing which helped protect her but she did some damage to her elbow which is still healing. I think this incident really scared her and will stop her from attempting any more trails like that (she has actually been up that trail many times before). Mindy knows what went wrong, she spooked and stopped on the rock, when the machine was starting to go back she dove off to the side but the machine decided to follow her instead. So we spent the rest of my birthday together in the ER getting her checked out, she feels like she ruined my birthday but i tell her everytime she says that, at least we spent it together.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm glad everything worked out in the end. It could have been much worse.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks man:)

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks. The 400 is for sale. I'm buying a house and one of the toys has to go. I never ride it anymore since I brought the 700xx home.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts