Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IS FULL OF IDIOTS!!! I really can't believe how stupid their parts department is. So I order a piston, pin, and new 14t front sprocket. Call them up about 2 weeks ago ask if my parts are in they say yes. I go over there and they ordered me rings instead of a piston and the sprocket wasn't even there. So I tell them piston not rings, ok he says it's on the way.

Well I go over today after calling and they say my parts are in. Get there and they all seem to be there. Drive home and thinks to myself they're pretty stupid I better check my parts and numbers. So the piston turned out to be for a foreman 500, like seriously how do you order a foreman 500 piston when I clearly said 700xx. Then I look at the sprocket and it's a 13t totally not what I asked for.

So I went over there ready to expload but a guy I know happened to be working the counter when I got there and I didn't wanna go off on him so I just let him know I was really pissed rather than getting ready to hop over the counter for some face smashing. Sorry for long post I just had to vent:nuts:

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cause it was the only 10:1 piston I could find, I looked at cp website they only do 11:1 and I don't want 11:1

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
A few years back I started ordering by using the Honda part #, most dealers have the "fiche" on their website and you can look it up yourself. This helped me out a great deal in getting what I wanted. I try to only get stuff from my local dealers when I am in a bind and need it quick. I have seen part guys that are great and know exactly what you are talking about and I have seen ones hired that look at you like wtf and you know they have never turned a wrench in their life.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I live in Canada so it would have been a bit of hassle to get the 11:1 when I don't need it or even care if I have higher compression, also I believe the 11:1 would have been more expensive. I ordered all of my OEM parts for my rebuild off bike bandit except for the piston and the pin because they had a significant delay on them. I just decided to throw in a new sprocket from my local dealer since it was convenient at the time.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I am sure we all have been through that. Me Dad taught me to be smarter than the guy you are dealing with. Part numbers ahead of time help. I have one salesperson that I buy from, that I trust, and he gives me a good discount becuase I spend a lot of money on my motorcycle there. I even go to another dealership just to get the work done right, but there parts are to expensive. Get to be friends with your salesperson. Buy him lunch. Bring him a pizza. It pays off.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
I guess I'm lucky... my local dealer is top notch (for a dealer that is). Bought both my quads there and never had any problems with their parts or service departments.

roadkill

1 - 9 of 9 Posts