Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My Barker exhaust finally came in. I felt like a little kid at Christmas when it cam in yesterday evening, but I had to go to a wedding so I couldn't install it! I got up to go to work this morning, and I ended up installing it before I went to the office. It took a smokin' 17 minutes start to finish!! Here's a few shots of it on the bike...excuse the little bit of mud in the fenders, its a four wheeler, it doesn't have to be clean right! I will make a video of it on the bike. I have the quiet core in it for now. I may do two videos for comparison if anyone is interested in that. I truly love the craftsmanship in the system, but I think that I am going to powdercoat the barcket to match the rest of the red on the bike. I'm not a fan of anodized finishes. Great work Barker's!!!

·
Registered
788 Posts
Looks nice. I would like to hear it if you shoot a vid.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll be off on Monday. I will do a little videoing then. I'll do some static and ride bys. I love the new sound...it's deffinitely quieter than the TwoBros I had on before. Like I said before, I will do a comparrison between the quietcore and open.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HUH...What happened to my photos? LOL, I guess something happened with photobucket...

·
Registered
788 Posts
It happened to the Dog thread too. I cant see the pic of scuzzs dog now.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, I got them back up. I figured out that if you post photos, then move them into an album, the URL chain gets broken. I just had to repost them...no issues thus far! I am just using internet explorer. It wasn't a computer issue, I just screwed something up. It looks good now.

Thanks for the compliments. I reccomend everyone buy this exhaust. There are tons of add ons and options when buying; i.e. color, finish, ceramic coatings and all that jazz. Great product.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LOL, yes it does, but I can't read!!! :cry:

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
I have the Barker full exhaust as well and today was my first ride. I love the extra power and sound.... HOWEVER, it may be over 96db with the quiet core in place. I don't know for sure, but then I didn't want to risk getting sound tested, getting a ticket and ending my day to find out for sure. When I saw a ranger, I just eased off the throttle and cruised by. In California, they are very strict about sound levels... fricking sound gestapo!

roadkill

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
I have the Barker full exhaust as well and today was my first ride. I love the extra power and sound.... HOWEVER, it may be over 96db with the quiet core in place. I don't know for sure, but then I didn't want to risk getting sound tested, getting a ticket and ending my day to find out for sure. When I saw a ranger, I just eased off the throttle and cruised by. In California, they are very strict about sound levels... fricking sound gestapo!

roadkill
cmon dude i bet u were faster than them :D

·
Registered
123 Posts
How much is the fine if you get caught?

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wow! That's pretty steep for some stinking sound waves! Did anyone else notice a slight hesitation everytime you shift gears while running the Barkers. I ran mine with and without the quietcore, and there's still a slight bog. I may just need to get it tuned to get rid of it. I just didnt have that with the TwoBros slip on. It may just be a little too rich. I just didnt see much of an issue when I checked my plug.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Sounds like it needs a little tuning

·
Registered
667 Posts
Congradulations, it runs even better than it looks!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thats what I'm thinking. It does feel a lot stronger. If you rail the throttle in 2nd and 3rd, the front just raises right up and will probably keep going until I end up on my a$$! It's actually kind of funny. It almost feels like it has a power band like a 2 stroke right now. It pulls hard then it clears up then flat out hauls! I will schedule my tune and knock slight bog out. It's probably going to be a monster after I clean up the fuel delivery.
Barker's Exhaust=Great product and performance!!!

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
How much is the fine if you get caught?
It's not about a fine. It's like a fix-it ticket. 1. You have to end your day... no more riding. 2. Get it fixed. 3. Bring your quad back and have it sound checked again and pass. 4. Get the ticket signed off. Just think about what you'd need to do to get it to pass if you were already running WITH the quiet core?

I've already out ran the rangers at that place... but not their radio.

roadkill

1 - 20 of 23 Posts