Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well I just had to have something bigger than my little 250 suermoto so I went all out well not ALL out but pretty close
here is a few pics

·
Registered
192 Posts
That thing is sweeeet. I love me a big bore V-Twin bike. I've been looking into getting a Bull Lightning, the 1200 size. I had a Gixxer 750, but it just didn't have the low end power the make riding around town fun. And the V-Twins sound much better.

·
Registered
133 Posts
What was the retail on that!!!

·
Registered
821 Posts
I was at lake of the ozarks last weekend and was looking at those, very nice...

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
ranger19jn,
Wow!! That is a beautiful machine. How many CCs? Ducati has made so many innovative race-bred machines in the past. This looks pretty high-tec.
Enjoy.
Sid

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
well I jest steped up from a 250 so I only got the 696 and it has plenty of power for me

it retails suprisingly at 8999 but after delivery and a few other goodies i managed to leave with a 10,400 out the door price i though it was a good price you would pay about the same for an r6 or cbr 600 and have higher insurance and the resale value drops instantly ducati hold thier value really well hell I found an 09 going for 8700

I got the lowered seat hight and high handlebar kit as well as an agv helmet that has ducati on it and the most expensive pair of gloves I will ever buy they were 98 bucks if I would have known that I probably would have passed lol I dont think it was just because they say ducati on them they are very comfortable but still 98 bucks is rediculas for a pair of gloves

·
Registered
23 Posts
@Gbgill06 i would check out the bandits or if you want a real hand full go with the B king im partial to suzuki when it comes to sport bikes.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I liked my Suzuki, but it just didn't have the low end power that I wanted. It was a blast on the straights and in the corners but the power didn't come on until you got a little further up in the RPM's. I want to crack the throttle and have the instant power, like a V-Twin. I had looked at some of the other V-Twin sport bikes like the Suzuki SV's, the Honda RC51, some aprilias and ducatis, but within a reasonable price range. A used bike preferably, and there are a few buells on craigslist near my area.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I was at lake of the ozarks last weekend and was looking at those, very nice...
How far are you from Lake of the Ozarks? Or more specifically Osage Beach? My parents are building a place on the lake and I was wondering if there were any good places to ride near by?

·
Registered
23 Posts
i never expreenced a lag in power on the bottom end on my bike but it was a busa and its balls to the walls from 0-180 but i know what you mean though when i rode a buddy's 600 gsxr one night. but you have to find the bike that fits you!!

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Congrats on a sweet bike man! When i was looking for a bike. The monster, hypermotard and KTM Duke were my three that i was seriously considering. I ended up with the 690 Duke. It is a friggin blast to ride. I love it. Your Duc needs some Termi.'s! It's an awesome bike man. Enjoy it!

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Man id love that exhaust but 1700 is a bit much

1 - 12 of 12 Posts