Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my new KTM 690 Duke yesterday. It stopped raining long enough to put 15 miles on it today. So far i'm really liking it. It's a perfect bike for riding around town and threw the twisty mountain roads around here. I am gonna make some gopro video's with the new bike soon. Here is some i-phone pic.'s i took of it yesterday after i got it home.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Dang that thing is crazy looking

·
Registered
497 Posts
Looks crazy! I think you'll have a hell of a good time on that thing, I know I would!

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree, it is wild looking. I am gonna order a fender eliminator kit for it and a new seat. That seat made my arse hurt after only 15 miles! :lol:

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
What did that run you if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
821 Posts
Its awesome you like it, think I would of got something different. Looks like the next ride in batman.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Looks like it came from the Terminator Salvation movie.

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its awesome you like it, think I would of got something different. Looks like the next ride in batman.
It's definitely not for everyone. I just wanted something different to cruise around town on. It handles really good and gets good gas mileage. It's not a bike for long trips.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Just looking at that being a 690cc it looks really light weight. So I had to look up the specs. And at 327lbs. and putting out over 64hp, I'll bet my 1st impression was right, that thing will most likely flat out fly!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Red-N-BlackXX,
What an amazing looking bike! It has that Stealth look. No doubt the police radars will think it is just a fast flying bird. :lol:
Thanks for the pictures.
Sid

·
Registered
309 Posts
Well, that's different looking... Nice Bike! I'm sure it's quick with the power to weight, KTM makes some wicked machines. Is that a single cylinder?

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Looks like it came from the Terminator Salvation movie.
That was my first impression. Hayden, looks good. I know it isn't really feasible, but it looks like it'd be one hell of a supermoto bike. I sat on one up in CT where the KTM shop was right across the street. There's wasn't 7900 though, think it was 9k. They had a sick 1000cc bike there that was #1 of 25 made, don't know how they got it, but they were asking 24k for it. They also had a lot of Aprilia stuff, and some of their bikes looked sick. Keep the rubber down on it for sure bud. BTW, only 64hP? Come on haha, jk.

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, that's different looking... Nice Bike! I'm sure it's quick with the power to weight, KTM makes some wicked machines. Is that a single cylinder?
Thanks! Yes it is a 654cc single w/ 11.8:1 compression ratio.

That was my first impression. Hayden, looks good. I know it isn't really feasible, but it looks like it'd be one hell of a supermoto bike. I sat on one up in CT where the KTM shop was right across the street. There's wasn't 7900 though, think it was 9k. They had a sick 1000cc bike there that was #1 of 25 made, don't know how they got it, but they were asking 24k for it. They also had a lot of Aprilia stuff, and some of their bikes looked sick. Keep the rubber down on it for sure bud. BTW, only 64hP? Come on haha, jk.
It basically is a supermoto bike. It's almost the same bike as the 690 smc. It just lacks the ground cleaance and suspension travel of a true supermotard. Has alot of dirtbike feature's and feel. It has a shorter seat height. So it's better for me cause im not 9 foot tall like you Chucky! :lol: The sticker was $10,599 so i think i got a pretty good deal on it. 64HP is plenty for a bike this size. It feels like a really powerful dirtbike. lofting the front tire is no problem. Plus it gets good gas mileage and is really fun to raise hell on!

·
Registered
61 Posts
jealous isnt the word right about now...lol verrry nice bike!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts