Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up everyone? My name is Cody,Im pretty new to posting on the thread but do a TON of research to help me out,dont know where i would be without some of ya,anyways ill explain what all i have done to my 700xx,

2008 trx700xx(red & black)
Itp rims all around front holeshots and back rzr2s
I have a slip on hmf pipe(plan to get a header would like some input)
Ehs fuel programmer
K&n high flow intake
Alba berf bars all black
Would like to go down to a 13 tooth sproket cause i do alot of trail riding and i always find myself workin the clutch unnormally,so im going to change my two sprokets and chain while im in everything aince ive had it for nearly 3 years i would for sure like some input about getting my sproket and chain setup.
Big plans to start doing some motor work,pistion cam,port&polish,valve job, etc
I guess you could just call this a rambling parts thread,anways thanks in advance!
New levers would be nice to,thinking about asv levers and removing my parking brake and "declutter" my bars.
So just any feedback would be good and all honest opinions are welcomed

Cody

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Cody,
Before changing your two sprockets and chain, might I make a suggestion? Change only the output shaft sprocket first. This will give you an opportunity to determine whether you want to change the rear one at a later date. The 13 tooth makes a world of difference and you will not have the cost of a rear sprocket and a new chain. Note: Changing to a 13 tooth sprocket only, doesn't require a chain replacement ($).
Sid

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Admin,
I am really confused!:confused::confused::confused: You moved Cody's thread from the “General Section” to the”How To Section”. Now you moved it somewhere else. It belongs in the section he had it in. Now it has moved from the “How To Section” to somewhere else. Where is it? I responded to his question and now I'm not sure he will ever post again. Please help me understand.:confused:
Very Respectfully,
Sid

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
I never moved his thread from the General Discussion forum...it was never in there. He started it in the "Instructional How-To's" forum, and obviously, it's not an instructional how-to.

He's asking for advice with gearing, so naturally it should be in here, which is why I moved it here. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts