Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thursday i suffered a stroke and now i don't have much use of my left side. if there is no improvement, i will have ridden my last.

roadkill

·
Registered
392 Posts
wow man sorry to hear that. Best of luck to ya, hope you make a strong recovery.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Wow sorry to hear that. What happened? :eek:hno:

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Sorry to hear that. My dad had one in '92, and he had no use of his left side for the longest time, and now he has been getting better (still cant use his hand but has a lot of motion in his arm). However the doctor's said that if it was less severe from the get go, he could of had a 100% recovery, so you never know. I wish you the best of luck, and trust me from seeing it before, that you can get better.

·
Registered
118 Posts
dam im sorry man that sucks hopefully your recovery is fast and full. best of luck

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Sorry to hear that Doug and hope that you will recover 100%, well at least 99.99% lol!

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thank you all for your wishes. thing is, my quad was already loaded for a trip to pismo with about 40 other riders... i decided to go anyway... for 2 reasons 1. i had to find out if i could still ride and 2. i said i'd be there. my word is important to me. was able to ride friday, but was worse saturday and couldn't hold my clutch. the other club members there looked out for me and got me home safely... they drove my truck back with me as a passenger. simply great people. going back to hospital this morning.

roadkill

·
Registered
80 Posts
thank you all for your wishes. thing is, my quad was already loaded for a trip to pismo with about 40 other riders... i decided to go anyway... for 2 reasons 1. i had to find out if i could still ride and 2. i said i'd be there. my word is important to me. was able to ride friday, but was worse saturday and couldn't hold my clutch. the other club members there looked out for me and got me home safely... they drove my truck back with me as a passenger. simply great people. going back to hospital this morning.

roadkill
Godspeed brother

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
roadkill,
Sorry to hear about the stroke. I'm sure there is a silver lining somewhere in this dilemma. When you get back on your quad you will have a renewed love for the sport. I am dealing with detached retina, emergency surgery and all. I am about a month away from my 700XX experience. Anyone have a good recipe for lemonade. Please share it with "roadkill" and I.
My thoughts and prayers are with you for a speedy recovery. God Bless you and all your friends and family.
Very Respectfully,
Sid

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
roadkill. sorry to hear about that. but you will get better your a strong willed man and we have yet been able to ride together and that is just not acceptable.:) you will be in my thoughts.

·
Registered
574 Posts

roadkill
Roadkill, You must be one tough hombre. Thought going though your head,I am having a stroke, but I told the guys I will be there. They will never forgive me for wimping out.

I hope you make a full recovery. On the upside the hospital is full of nurses.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Sorry to hear that dude. Hope you get better

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
1 - 20 of 67 Posts