Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

My Turbo 700XX

10K views 157 replies 37 participants last post by  M_Quick 
#1 ·
Whats up fellas, not really into forums but couldn't find another one in existance so I thought I'd share. Here is my finished 5 hours ago turbo 700xx. Made 84 rwhp at 11psi on my mustang dyno on e85. Can't wait to put some hours on it! Goal is 90 hp stock engine, and over next winter do a cam and some head work and go for 120. Enjoy!

#5 ·
Very cool would like to know more about this

#6 ·
Thanks for the props! What would you like to know? The basic break down of the build consisted of a stock turbo from a newer STi, oil fed and water cooled. We fabricated a solid stainless manifold to go from the head to the turbo, with chromoly supports. Charge piping run in stock exhaust location with a turboxs blowoff. It has the stock fuel pump moved back 2 inches feeding a stainless surge tank, which feeds a 255 walbro into a regulated return fuel system pushing fuel into a ID1000 injector. All black braided line and black an fittings were used for all the plumbing. The surge tank is actually a two part tank under the seat in the stock airbox location, 1/2 being a increased capacity oil tank, 1/2 surge tank. Not a single hole was drilled in the frame or anything welded to it. No holes drilled in any cover on the motor, can be completely put back to stock in about 4 hours. Lets see, twin spal pusher fans in front of the radiator, runs about 15 degrees cooler than stock, tuned on e85 with a power commander v. Starts, idles and rides like stock until you push your thumb down. I didn't want to skimp anywhere on this build, I wanted to not have to work on it anymore than before, ride it in water, trails, ride wheelies without starving for fuel, wherever, and not hurt it. So far I've accomplished all of that. Oh and can't forget, has stock clutch with HDD springs, hasn't slipped yet. My original goal was to build this as a kit and sell it, but there would be no way to do this without having the bike, and it would probably cost more than anyone would want to pay for it. lol

#8 ·
dude that is awsome! great job:tup: i would love to see more pics the vid is kinda dark when u get close to the turbo and stuff.. so whats ur planes? drag bike? or fast trail bike?

#10 ·
Eh, just a fast trail bike anyone can ride, no switches or bs, just turn the key and ride. Don't have any dunes around here, but I plan on hitting St. Joe and riding the sand there with it a lot. I beat the crap out of it after I tuned it at 5 am this morning scaring the crap out of people on the street, needless to say they weren't expecting whoosh whoosh noises and e85 decel fireballs lol

#15 ·
lol umm idk if i wanna run a 85hp 700 for pinks:lol: but hey maybe if u cant ride i will lol

#24 ·
Got some vids of some races against a modded yfz 450. They are uploading now;) I can't stop riding this thing, it pulls so hard in 4th and 5th, I really need to regear it, its hard to stay off the limiter in 5th. As for the exhaust, it turns down right in front of your foot, doesn't get hot at all. The air filter will run up into the front grill into a bucket to keep water out, haven't got it on yet, been running open turbo since I'm just riding on the street. I'm dreading getting used to the power, I already kinda want to turn it up a little more. lol

#25 ·
sick. cant wait to see some race vids, and looking forward to seeing what it can do after a few more engine mods.

#27 ·
That is an awesome build, what sprockets are you running now are they stock?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.