Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went on a ride to Hunts Mesa on Saturday with some friends. Hunts Mesa over looks Monument Valley and it's an awesome site. This was 4 hour ride over some rugged terrain. It took 4 hours because our leader kept taking the wrong turns, but we eventually made it.

Like I've stated in other posts here, this is the area in which I live. If anyone is ever in my neck of the woods, shoot me a message and we'll go for a ride.

Shonie

\

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
cool pic... looks fun!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Thanks for the invite. Wish I lived there as well, I could see some WOT moments haha. Plus, it would be sweet to take a quad to one of those and "rock climb" it, and maybe base jump off.

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
nice where is this at?
This is the 4 corners region of the southwest where Arizona, Utah, New Mexico and Colorado meet. See map below.

Monument Valley (see photo) is located on the border of Arizona and Utah on the Navajo Nation. Also known as the Navajo Indian Reservation as some may know it, but I hate to call it that. It's a politcal thing for me.

I live in the small rural community of Kayenta which is located about 20 miles south of Monument Valley. The entire area around here has some amazing views in any direction you look. And best of all, I can ride just about anywhere my quads can take me. There are lots of canyons, mesas, sand dunes, washes, flat desert, rocky desert, woods and trails all within riding distance.

Personally, I can't think of a better place to live for me. Although I may not have all the ammenities that a big city may have, but I believe that there is so much more here that I can appreciate and enjoy more than any city could offer me.

Shonie

Attachments

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the invite. Wish I lived there as well, I could see some WOT moments haha. Plus, it would be sweet to take a quad to one of those and "rock climb" it, and maybe base jump off.
You could do just that about anywhere here, but.....not in Monument Valley. It's a tribal park and is protected. when they had the Red Bull Air Race ( I went and it was hella cool!) here a few years ago, and they had some folks base jump off some of the rocks in Monument Valley for the show, but they had to pay some steep permit fees from what I hear.

Also, you can drive through Monument Valley, but you have to stay on the roads and you are not allowed to walk or drive off designated areas or roads. Many of the rocks in Monument Valley are very delicate, if you let a million or so people walk, climb and drive all over them, there would be nothing much left to enjoy.

On a side note, Monument Valley has been used in countless movies, music videos and print over the decades. For more information on this, check out Wikipedia on Monument Valley.

Shonie

1 - 14 of 14 Posts