Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this is what the old XX looked like when I got home from West Virginia after riding all Memorial Day weekend. Put about 175-200 miles on it and loved every minute of it. It ran awesome and went some places that I never thought a sport quad would go. Cant wait for Fourth of July weekend to do it all over again. Next items on my list: Kutters all the way around and some skids

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ride in the area of Normantown. Its right in between Grantsville and Glenville (which is near Cedar Creek State Park). About an hour and a half from Mineral Wells. I dont know how else to describe it haha. Awesome riding though.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Sounds like a good time. I road in WV to over memorial day weekend too. And will be back for the 4th as well. Only like 3 weeks away! I loged about 50 miles today at WNF in Ohio. It wasn't near as muddy as last 2 times I was there. Here's a picture after a hour of riding on opening week end.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lookin good man. And Sid, dont worry there was plenty to go around. haha. I just came inside from installing a new Trail Tech Vapor. I got the Stealth edition (which is all black) to match my XX.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Sounds nice, how did the install go? I got a little gps the other day, still waiting on the mounting kit. It logs riding time, and tracks current speed, fastest speed. RPM's would be nice, but I like it so far.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The install was pretty easy and straight forward. I used the idea of a couple other people on here and mounted it to the dash (under the neutral light area) and ran the wiring through the vent hose hole. Looks really clean. So far its pretty neat having the tach and everything. I chose not to install the temp sensor because im just not that crazy about chopping up my cooling system. I just have a feeling that the sensor allows for a possible point of failure or leaks. Im probably just crazy. haha. I checked the speed with my GPS to verify that it was right. It was spot on. The tach seems to be accurate for now. Reading about 1500 RPM at idle which i believe is the correct speed. I may have to fine tune it tho because it seems to have a little unstable readings at higher RPMs. I road it down the road today and hit 76 then i ran out of road lol. Ill try and get a pic of it mounted when i get a chance. Ok thats all sorry about the book i wrote above lol

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts