Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
open air box?? i was asked by eric if i was n i didnt know if neone else is.. i guess running open would be ok aslong as theres no water

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Yes, I do use a prefilter though.. No Problems.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
where do i get a prefilter from

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
There plentiful on eBay.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i havent seen ne on there.. i found a few uni's i might buy one but ill double check the filter.. is it universial or direct fitment

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i have the efi n barker as well:hey::hey::hey:

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
would i still have to oil the regular filter if i got the prefilter... im not seeing any for the 700xx

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I would personally get a better filter before the lid.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yea im gonna get the uni but i was gonna run no lid so i wanted to no about the prefilter

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Velocity, It comes with pre-filter also. If it's out of your budget the Uni is nice as well.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I don't run a lid. Once I installed a full exhaust, PCIII, and Uni filter, my airbox lid was removed and put somewhere in my garage. Of course, I am out in the desert, not to much water out here!

Doug

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yea i found a velo. prefilter on ebay i think thats the only one i found for our bike. i noticed the k&n came with the prefilter also n alot of people werent happy with it

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Who wasn't happy with there K&N? As long as the filter is properly cleaned and oiled it will protect as needed.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
a few people on here mentioned it.. is it still a need to clean and oil the filter if i have a prefilter or just clean it

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Yes, You should always clean your filter. If you ride in very dusty conditions a foam filter is ideal though.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts