Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here that has found a better forum for discussing your XX please share! I am starting to lose hope here. I'm in no way trying to be disrespectful. Just am coming to the conclusion that there is only about ten active users here. Makes it tough when you have in depth questions.

Hoping to get suggestions on a forum with members who do lots of wrenching.
:xx:

·
Registered
671 Posts
You understand this quad was only made for two years, right? Not going to see the same amount of discussion as something like a Yamaha or Honda 450, there is just not that many of them out there. Case in point, next time you go riding, count the number of 700XX's you see, I bet only one or two at the most. I can't even remember the last time I saw another one.

As far as another 700XX forum, Atvriders has a 700XX sub-forum, but it is not active at all, the last post was made over two months ago. There was another 700XX specific site, but I can't recall the name, don't even know if it is still around. I know this site was much more active then that one also.

What kind of discussion are you looking for? I will say one thing, any question you have can be answered here, just may take a little time to get that answer. Not everyone can be on the forum 24/7.

Doug

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Anyone here that has found a better forum for discussing your XX please share! I am starting to lose hope here. I'm in no way trying to be disrespectful. Just am coming to the conclusion that there is only about ten active users here. Makes it tough when you have in depth questions.

Hoping to get suggestions on a forum with members who do lots of wrenching.
:xx:[

UOTE]
there isnt any more 700xx forums out there that i know of. this is the best and only one in my opinion. sounds like to me if your quad is acting up that bad its time to take it to the honda shop or go to somebody like DL or EHS,these members on here cant work on your quad. :nuts:

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Doug, I do understand that its a narrow market for the XX. I became a member here before I had even bought mine. So, I sort of knew it was low in popularity and conversation. Just curious if anyone is having better luck on a generic Honda or atv forum. Lots of questions don't have to be answered specifically by a XX owner.

tbird88, My quad is not acting up so bad that I would take it to a dealer or mechanic. I'd put a bullet in her before I went that route. Part of my pleasure in this sport comes from doing my own mods and repairs. I rarely pay anyone to do something for me rather its on my quad, cars, or house. We're becoming a society of men who can't fix anything, build anything, hunt for food or grow a fruit or vegetable. I have a different approach to life than that.

I hope that I shouldn't take the (nuts) smiley rolling his eyes that I am viewed by you as nuts for wanting to do my own repairs and asking opinions on it. Thats precisely what these forums are for!

My last quad was an '09 Raptor 700. With a few questions on the raptor forum I was able to do a full tear down build myself, including:
Spilt cases, install +5 stroker crank, hone cylinder, CP piston, St.3 cam, P&P head, +3 TB, FCI intake, PCV and dual exhaust.
Would have cost probably $1,000 - $1,500 in labor for that. No thanks!

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
You're looking at THE DEFINITIVE 700XX forum. There are no others (unless you consider this.. see how many questions you get answered here.. http://www.trx700xx.net/forum ).

You're welcome for giving Club700XX to you.
Only thing about that forum i like is the back round.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You're looking at THE DEFINITIVE 700XX forum. There are no others (unless you consider this.. see how many questions you get answered here.. http://www.trx700xx.net/forum ).

You're welcome for giving Club700XX to you.
I bought a dinosaur. Its my fault. I love the quad, just disappointed there is such little active interest. I am used to a very different scene.

Back when I first joined there was a thread started that it was dead around here. I jumped in and tried to show support and enthusiasm. Starting to see the reality now. Hate on me if you want. I just wish there were more people on here sharing info and experiences.

Admin, if you're all pissed off, ban me if you feel the need. Whats one less!

·
Registered
151 Posts
I try to check in at this site every couple days. I answer what I can but I have only had this bike a couple months so far. I have had quads for years so I am always willing to help. I am on a yfm350 forum, blaster forum, raptor forum as well as exriders.com

I have 3 quads and tons of friends with quads that I am always helping them fix. Some quads just have more interest then others and as this is a 700XX forum and not a Honda specific forum there will only be so much activity. Maybe in the future we will get luck and Honda will start building these again. That would open up the market for parts and more discussion of these great quads.

I think the members here try to help and answer questions, it just may not happen in 5 minutes like the Raptor forum or exriders.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
I bought a dinosaur. Its my fault. I love the quad, just disappointed there is such little active interest. I am used to a very different scene.

Back when I first joined there was a thread started that it was dead around here. I jumped in and tried to show support and enthusiasm. Starting to see the reality now. Hate on me if you want. I just wish there were more people on here sharing info and experiences.

Admin, if you're all pissed off, ban me if you feel the need. Whats one less!
LOL Are you serious? There is ton's on shared information here, and twice as much experiences shared. You may just have to look back in older threads. If you have read through all the how too's and everything else here, in your short time of being a member I truly fell sorry for you. Maybe like said before most members in this forum are out riding and doing other things. I shouldn't be on here myself this late at night, cause I'm going on a ride tomorrow, at Wayne National Forest! Summer time is busy for a lot of people stick around it may pick up some after the weather turns shity around most of the US.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Even now this late at night we have.
Currently Active Users: 144 (7 members and 137 guests)

So we have lots more lookers. And they are probably finding good info here is my guess.

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
The forum was really quite busy when the XX was still being made, and it grew very fast. We still have over 100k posts full of quality info, so that says something about the membership here. This place is well-known as the best 700XX resource on the 'net, and there's a reason for that. If there has been any slow-down, trust me, it's because of Honda stopping production. The guys here are great, and the forum hasn't changed at all in the way it's run, so that really could be the only answer. There IS no competition too, so it's not like everyone bailed and is hanging somewhere else. If/when they do resurrect it, I'm sure activity would increase again.

Not to mention, forums always die off a bit in the summer months, I've always noticed that with all the forums I've been associated with.

And why would I ban you?

·
Registered
151 Posts
You can never really go by the guests count, they could be bots or webcrawlers

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I have found this to be a great forum and also joined it about 2 months before I bought a XX in June of 2009. The XX was kinda beat up and not quite running right. This forum and members with their help got the T-Rexx finishing high in some British Championships.

I try to pay back what the forum/members have given me and being a "Brit" having to wait for answers, takes a while.

Another thing is some members have become good friends and I talk to them on Facebook.

Another problem, there is a limited aftermarket following and also a limited knowledge about the xx.

If I had not found or joined this forum, I probably would have never bought a TRX700xx and would have never experienced the "Wicked Grin" effect.

Always tryin',Always smilin'. :D

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I'd like to say that by no doubt this is the most in depth and knowledgeable XX forum there is. When I first came to the forum when it started it was very active and stayed that way for a few years. Along the way though I know for fact as I was one myself some members who contributed a great deal left the forum due a situation that should have been nipped and was allowed to consume the forum. As since I've come back it seems the forum is no where near as active as it use to be. On the upside some of the original members are still here and that adds value to the forum, They've seen allot of ideas presented, They know what has and hasn't worked and what could use more input or R&D to make work better. In no way do I take away from new members either, fresh eyes and thoughts can spur great things and most everyone has something unique to offer. To the mods I believe reaching out and trying to get Club700XX out to others is much needed. There's countless people I come across with XX's that do not know about the forum. Maybe give a parts house a free ad if they use the club banner on there website, this could be useful to draw traffic.

Anyways back to the OP, There is no other forum better than Club700XX. There are plenty here who do wrench on there own and have ideas to share. If you would start a thread and list whats on your mind, There are plenty of us here to answer any in depth question you have.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
I'd like to say that by no doubt this is the most in depth and knowledgeable XX forum there is. When I first came to the forum when It started it was very active and stayed that way for a few years. Along the way though I know for fact as I was one myself some members who contributed a great deal left the forum due a situation that should have been nipped and was allowed to consume the forum. As since I've come back it seems the forum is no where near as active as it use to be. On the upside some of the original members are still here and that adds value to the forum, They've seen allot of ideas presented, They know what has and hasn't worked and what could use more input or R&D to make work better. In now way do I take away from new members either, fresh eyes and thoughts can spur great things and most everyone has something unique to offer. To the mods I believe reaching out and trying to get Club700XX out to others is much needed. There's countless people I come across with XX's that do not know about the forum. Maybe give a parts house a free ad if they use the club banner on there website would be useful to draw traffic.

Anyways back to the OP, There is no other forum better than Club700XX. There are plenty here who do wrench on there own and have ideas to share. If you would start a thread and list whats on your mind, There are plenty of us here to answer any in depth question you have.
smooth1 you couldnt of put that in better words ,i agree x2!!:xx:

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
smooth1 you couldnt of put that in better words ,i agree x2!!:xx:
X3 and it's good to have D back. Frank will appreciate it !

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Hi all, I am quite a new member and quite a new owner to the xx but I have already found some of the info on this forum to be priceless, there is nothing like being able to stumble across a little trick while working on the xx and being able to share it with fellow xx'rs in the hope that they will find it helpful one day as well, like wise when you have a problem the first place I look is this website (often even before the manual!) there is a wealth of knowledge here!
Im one here every couple of days there is almost always half a dozen new posts to look at, some new and some additions to old. I don't know what this forum used to be like in the past but I would say IMO there is plenty of activity!
Lastly people need to remember that life is busy and I for one don't have the time to spend countless hours waiting for people to post a question just so I can post an answer straight away I'm sure most of you are the same!
Keep up the good work people this website rocks!

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
I think that there are probably other forums out there with more activity... but not with more activity about our quad. The other forums don't have a clue about our quad.

roadkill

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.