Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind? Do I need one with the arm deals? Shoulder protectors? Full sized or one of the front back only units. I did try on a few today, and the XL Fox Airframe was the most comfortable, but I dont know if I need one that large for simple trail riding. What say the experts?

Mav

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
I can say, after breaking my ribs on my handlebars a couple summers ago, that a chest protector is a very good idea. Now I never ride without one. You just never know what can happen on a ride. The more protection the better. Currently I wear at least an EVS chest and back protector, but that is my preference. Finding something that fits comfortably and protects adequately are the first two things I look for. After all, a chest protector doesn't protect chests if it is sitting in the gear bag because it doesn't fit right.

(ETA sounds like 08700xx and I were on the same wavelength. )

·
Registered
157 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
This is what I use and it save me last year when I went into a 15' deep ditch landing on my back with the bike on top of me, no damage done to the old body.
http://www.amazon.com/Nemeses-Racing-Armor-Medium-Black/dp/B002GILNOG

You can also find it at Rocky Mountain for the same price.

Some of my friends started to call it the Ninja Turtle Suit, lol!!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys....

What's the difference from the plastic type protectors to the Ninja Turtle suits? Not sure Ninja Turtle is what I want for trail riding. Seems difficult to take on on off multiple times when you stop, and harder to clean when your out camping.

Mav

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Thanks guys....

What's the difference from the plastic type protectors to the Ninja Turtle suits? Not sure Ninja Turtle is what I want for trail riding. Seems difficult to take on on off multiple times when you stop, and harder to clean when your out camping.

Mav
True... harder to put on and take off... a bit. But, offer much more protection... and not just chest and back protection. Your whole torso is better protected... arms, elbows, etc. There may be times where you just go off your quad... not hard enough to break anything, but enough to give you a good case of road rash. Some Ninja Turtle suits have built in kidney belts/lower back support.

roadkill

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have tried on a few turtle suits, and they just aren't for me. For one, I can't find one big enough. Just to cumbersome for simple trial riding. Maybe if I get into the track stuff a bit more. So far, the Fox Airframe fits the best.

Mav

1 - 8 of 8 Posts