Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, after upgrading for utility quads and other slow moving sport quads to the 700xx I want to be sure I got proper protection, just in case. I have a ton of gear for my street bike and track racing but never bought anything for MX/Off Road. Can someone kind of guide me in the right direction for what all you would recommend for a weekend trail rider? I wont be doing any racing, but wheelies and jumps arent out of the question. :D

Do any stores online carry packages for this stuff? I been lookin around and everything looks like seperate pieces.

The only gear I got right now is a helmet and a pair of Alpinestars Tech 2 boots, these arent as high as full MX boots, but maybe I need something else?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Check out rocky mountain atv or bike bandit online they have pretty good deals on all kinds of gear and some package deals.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
What do you guys recommend for chest/shoulder protection?

I found two by Fox that get good reviews, but wasnt sure since I have never bought any of this stuff before:

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p...lyId=18776&listingId=&sizeAttr=5785&colorAttr=

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p...Protective+Gear&webCatId=4&prodFamilyId=25776

Diesel, I have the top roost protector, two of them actually. They are the comfiest I have ever had, and you can remove the arm straps pretty easily, so you can put it on over a jacket and everything if you want. I get almost all of my gear through rockymountain. I dont see why you would need higher boots of you aren't racing and stuff. As long as you got a pair that grip decently to your peg I would think you'd be fine. Other than that, a helmet, goggles, and gloves are all I can think of for an everyday rider. You can get the neck roll/cowboy/whatever people call it from where you are from (the neckbrace thing), if you want, but a lot of people don't use them unless they are racing. If im not racing I just wear jeans and usually a long sleeve shirt with the other stuff. But if you search on rockymountain, they give great deals here and there, and FOX has some awesome gear.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
So the roost protectors arent as good as the body armor? sorry if that seems like a dumb question, i just have never had either
IMO they do the same thing. You can get the roost protectors that have a full back to them, just as the body armor. The difference is one is more like wearing a shirt, and the other you put on over your clothes.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cool. I dont know which to get. I was just gonna get a fox jersey to put over either of em, so i dont really care how they look.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I would wear them over your jersey. Especially the roost protecter, it is easier to clean than your jersey when it gets to heavy mud and you wont screw up a washer, like I have done once or twice.

·
Registered
165 Posts
So the roost protectors arent as good as the body armor? sorry if that seems like a dumb question, i just have never had either
I think roost protectors have a larger front area, but the full body armor provides better elbow, forearm, and back protector. I just feel better with more protection. Body armor also offers a kidney belt.

My background is auto racing, I have learned to appreciate protective gear and the more the better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts