Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put a new hmf sport slip on and an Ehs efi and a uni air filter 700 was starting good put the Ehs on it and it was turning over like it had a dead battery so I put a new battery in it and no change. Thinking they gave me a bad battery I tested it and it was fine. So I put battery back in and I try to bypass the coil and still nothing after that I tried to pull the programmer off and it turned over like new now it seems to turn over hard then it will start. Every couple times I start it I get a back fire. Can Eny one give me some kind of direction I have no clue what to look at next

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
contact ehs, they will help u out for sure.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
where is it grounded to? new batterys will usually need to be charged befored used, if you put a volt meter on will turning over it should remain at 12 volts if its dropping to 8volts or really anthing under 11 the injectors arent going to be working correctly as well as the fuel pump so it is important to have proper voltage while cranking not just sitting there.

Bypass coil means what?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i did email him befor posting and i had more problems after that. the ground goes right to the starter and i have eliminated wireing i thhink the starter is the base of my problem it wasnt the coil i bypassed it was the silenoid. i also tryed to jump the starter off the pattery and got the same resault leading me to beleive the starter is not right. my question for eric is, is there some kind of program in the programmer that my have lead to this starter problem or if i get the starter problem fixed sould the programmer be ok?

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
First ground the programmer on the negative pole of the battery, did you get any instruction with it? Eric is very helpful, give him a call!

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I have started mine bone stock on the "Big 3" settings from Eric and it fired up no problem. Also as above ground it to the - terminal on the battery.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it was grounded to the battery and im not saying that it was the fault of the programmer i just dont remember if the problem was started before or after the programmerand i dont wana put a new starter in and the controller back on if there is a potential problem with it is all

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Heres a couple of things that have screwed me me up on something similar.
Have you tried to take the positive lead off the starter ?
If you haven't then take the green plug apart (under the headlight) and clean it .
If that doesn't work then clean the ECM plug. The one with the clear cover over it .

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i jumped the starter directly from the battery to eliminate wiring all together and i had the same out come of a week turn over. if i had jumped it and it started right up then i would have thought it was wiring. but im almost positive it is the starter

·
Registered
152 Posts
Sounds like something in your electrical system has arced out. So many possibilities...Could be starter or CDI/ECU/ECM or regulator/rectifier or the stator...Could have cooked some wiring...Might be time to take it to a professional...

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
i did email him befor posting and i had more problems after that. the ground goes right to the starter and i have eliminated wireing i thhink the starter is the base of my problem it wasnt the coil i bypassed it was the silenoid. i also tryed to jump the starter off the pattery and got the same resault leading me to beleive the starter is not right. my question for eric is, is there some kind of program in the programmer that my have lead to this starter problem or if i get the starter problem fixed sould the programmer be ok?
did you ground the controller to the positive pole of starter?

have you load tested the battery (put a volt meter on it and checked voltage while cranking) this is important a battery with 12 volts can drop severly under load

·
Registered
258 Posts
earth it properly on to the battery not the starter, it doesnt matter if you bridge the starter with a truck battery, if you got a crap earth it aint going to turn over well,

again: earth it to the battery,

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
earth it properly on to the battery not the starter, it doesnt matter if you bridge the starter with a truck battery, if you got a crap earth it aint going to turn over well,

again: earth it to the battery,
earth = ground?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No the controller was grounded to negative battery terminal. Battery has been load tested and my ground from battery to starter is good and solid

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
If its turning over hard you either have a weak battery or starter or there could be a reason its turning hard like extra friction, decompression not working etc. What our controller sees is the ground that comes from the ecu directly to the injector and the 12 volts that comes from the fuel relay. This is all in the injector harness that part that gets unplegged from the inj. There is nothing to do with anything else it doesnt modify your timing etc. It controls fuel, there are parameters that we use to delay how long before they start to alter the fuel map so usually whenever its starting its running off stock pulse with to the injectors then in so many seconds our efi takes control.

im going to throw this out there is the petcock turned on and its actually on not just says its on?

I did this the other day with a bike ran it awhile in stock form, stopped put some stuff on it ran it again, stopped put a efi on it and wouldnt start makes you think something was wrong huh, it was just the fuel pump ran out its massive holding supply and the dang petcock was in the wrong spot. and of course i over diagonse it to something complicated and start testing stuff all i needed was to turn the petcock to off position :)

dont worry we will get it figured out there isnt that much stuff it could be

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
My dad always keep tolding me :is there gas, is there spark? Yeah, then it should run kid!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok I didn't know if the programmer could have thrown timing off was all I was getting at I wasn't sure how in-depth the programming was I was thinking it would just control fuel but I wanted to be able to eliminate that now I think I'm down to starter or the decomposition mechanism I have never been in the motor so it makes me want eliminate decomposition mechanism but is there a reason or some way it could have just gone bad because I'm thinking if they don't just go bad then there shouldn't be Eny reason for that to be an issue

1 - 20 of 27 Posts