Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought the 700xx thinking it was going to be a fun quad to run around with my buddies and their 450 kawis..im getting pretty depressed..im around 130 and i cant slip the thing..if feels like your jumping a truck and them 450s are almost beating me up hills..thinking about trading for a done up 450r but they have no reverse and are carb not fl..any one have any helpful words of advice or what i can do on the non expensive side..thanks

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
is this your first quad? 450s are light and fast they are race bikes! the xx is a powerful trail bike and the irs is totally different handleing than from a sas bike. wider tires in back will help with the slide. and the best i can say is ride it more

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
had it for 4 months..yes first quad too..i put it up for sale on craigslist ..well not for sale trade for KTM 450 or bigger..I love hondas dont want nothing different but i guess ill deal with a KTM. Thanks with the info on the tires

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
The XX isn't going to slide with the stock tires, The sidewalls roll to much. Put some razr's on and run em down.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
can i just run the regular razrs with the 11 inch rim or should i go with the 10 in rim with the razr too..dont really feel like paying for the 10 inch rim..is there a difference?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
also if i went with a 10 inch rim would it be better for a 20 11 10 or a 22 11 10?.i have been riding alot of sand pits and doing alot of track so just trying to get this thing to my liking

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have the 22" razrs on stock rims. I love how the xx slides now. It also seems to have more traction on the face of jumps. And I agree give it more time you'll love it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts