Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I go out ridding today and Could not get it into 3rd with my foot for 15 mins. I finally used my hand and with clutch pulled in I used other hand to pull up several times on shifter and got it into 3rd. I kept playing with it and got it to shift better somewhat

I can rarely shift it into 3rd with my foot have to pull up 1-3 times on it to get it to shift.

I hear NO strange noises from transmission. I stopped messing with it and put it away.

I have checked all my fluids just to make sure all Im guessing NO way will honda cover this even though I have extended warranty and I have owned the quad 4 months

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
probably bent ur shift forks a lil

·
Registered
671 Posts
One thing I have learned about transmission problems, the only way to know for sure what is wrong, is split the cases and inspect everything. Probably not what you wanted to hear, but it is the only way to really know what is wrong.

Check everything you can first. (Clutch, clutch adjustment, oil, etc.) If everything checks out, time to split the cases.

Doug

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so just take it back to dealer since I am NOT a mechanic? I can do simple stuff but that sounds way more than what I feel comfortable doing

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Man the alignment sounds like a tweaked a-arm and the shifting could be shift forks or adjustment. You can take it to honda but you will be overcharged. I would just take my time and use your resources on here. Talk to av8er he just adjusted his. If its the shift forks take it in

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Upshifting to 3rd gear is the only real problem it got better with me riding it around but i really dont wanna risk destroying it any ideas what a decent dealer would charge for this i wish i hadnt been stupid and wasted $500 bucks on a 4 yr warranty Alignment isnt off much left front tire is not toed in its out just a little bit tried to adjust tie rod but it is locked on so tight two men and good tools no luck but on one end

·
Registered
223 Posts
Fix the front end problem and take it in and play dumb. It's worth a try.

·
Registered
223 Posts
When you tried to get the locking nuts on your tie rod loose did you try to loosen them the same way? The outer tie rod ends have right hand threads and the inners have left hand threads. Good luck with everything

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes I noticed they go in opposite on each end.
Well I dropped my wife off at the honda dealership, SOMEHOW SOMEWAY hopefully honda hooks me up alittle bit on this. I had trouble shifting some before and its not that bad maybe something just needed adjusted? well I will keep you all a breast of the situation

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
When you tried to get the locking nuts on your tie rod loose did you try to loosen them the same way? The outer tie rod ends have right hand threads and the inners have left hand threads. Good luck with everything
not really it just the there flipped on the inner end... so it seams like that

·
Registered
223 Posts
Yes, really, left hand threads on the inners and right hand on the outers. Has to be that way in order to adjust your toe in/out without removing the tie rod ends from the spindle and steering stem.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well already doesnt sound that great. Had to call me after they rode it for me to approve them to take motor out and take right side of motor off. Incase they dont find defective parts.
Sad thing is? It will never be the same as it was brand new now that mechanic tore it down. They will loose bolts jack it up and will leak oil.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Keep us posted and good luck

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
not really it just the there flipped on the inner end... so it seams like that
You are WRONG LOL. They have reverse threads just like the other member said. And if you look on the tie rod itself, there are two places to put a wrench (crescent) so you can turn it easier after you loosen the nuts for toe in/out.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts