Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is the best way to remove the rear hubs? im having trouble breaking them loose and my friends said they may have a reverse thread???? anyone that may know or give some advise please help. thanks alot

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
There right hand thread . If it is the first time taking the hubs off ,then they are tight . I think Honda turned up the pressures on the air guns in the factory when building the xx. I found with the bike on the ground and getting a buddy to hold the rear brake on and a 1/2" drive long handle knuckle bar should do it with abit of swearing or just use an impact gun but don't put it in gear to do either , you may damage the tranny.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man. Did u put a washer on or something to keep it tight because the hubs are wobbling around. Im not sure what to do

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Not quite sure where the wobbling is but if the hubs will not loosen, easily after removing the split pin , then you're hub carrier bearings need replacing.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
I'm about to replace both of my CV shafts... good thing I read this.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Pulled mine apart tonight, I see what you mean about the hub wobbling in the spindle. I think it might be time for new bearings, mine are still smooth and quiet per the manual.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts