Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, I'm looking for extra set of rear tires.
I know rear stock is 22x9x11 but it's very hard to find anything with that size.
What else would fit my stock rim? I mean what sizes?

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
do a search in this section there are so many threads on tires and sizes you will be able to find what will be best for you.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Worst part at this moment is that most manufactures are late on sending their tires out. They didn't make enough of them

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
2nd

·
Registered
340 Posts
Mate you want to get the Kenda Kutter, the Maxxis sidewalls boldge and can cause flats. I had 17 plugs between two rear Maxxis, I put the Kutter's on and ride twice as hard over the rocks and have not had one flat. Straight line grip is also improved over the Maxxis the only thing the Maxxis does better is slide a little more and thats it I forgot they also cost a shit load more.

Overlord

·
Registered
211 Posts
Mate you want to get the Kenda Kutter, the Maxxis sidewalls boldge and can cause flats. I had 17 plugs between two rear Maxxis, I put the Kutter's on and ride twice as hard over the rocks and have not had one flat. Straight line grip is also improved over the Maxxis the only thing the Maxxis does better is slide a little more and thats it I forgot they also cost a shit load more.

Overlord
This is no BS. I just had my first race this past weekend, and have 3 weekend rides on them b4 that... not a single hole. I was putting in a plug a weekend with the razrs. The only thing they are good for is planters for flowers if you plan on running on any type of rocky terrain. Ive gotta disagree with ya on the sliding part though, I think they are better on that too but it might just be my terrain to, loose coal and rock.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I found some Kenda Kutter XC 22x9x11 for $75, is this a good price?
Is Dunlop KT390 good for front tire?

Also, When u guys change your tires, do u go to shop every time to mount them, or can u do it yourself somehow? What tools do u need?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Blak, you could be right cause the more I ride with the Kutters the more predictably they are sliding so yes I would agree on the sliding part. But even if they didnt you would buy them for there resistance to punctures. Kenda struck gold with this tyre thats for sure.

Overlord

·
Registered
340 Posts
Man there are a lot better tyres out there than Dunlops. Mate I wished I could pay $75 a tyre but that sounds good. For the front go with some Kenda XCF, ITP or Maxxis. Get a 22 or 23 for the front they handle rough terain better with a bigger tyre up front. I run 22 Kenda XCF up front and there great, with Kutters up the back. Mate I usually get the shop to do it I got better things to do than fitting up rims.

Overlord

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Also, When u guys change your tires, do u go to shop every time to mount them, or can u do it yourself somehow? What tools do u need?
If you have somebody close, pay them to change them. It sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you have never done it, it would be best to help somebody that knows how a couple times first. You can screw up the bead on a new tire real easy.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have another questions.
I'm looking for aftermarket rims, and I want the black. I know ITP makes some, called SS but it's only for front.
Does anyone make anything for rear? Can I use different size?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have another questions.
I'm looking for aftermarket rims, and I want the black. I know ITP makes some, called SS but it's only for front.
Does anyone make anything for rear? Can I use different size?

x2 regarding 11" black rims.....

Also if you change the tires have patience, muscle, a glass of water, a face mop, soapy water, a valve stem needle remover, and as much as 40 psi available to set the bead on the new ones. If the old tires are garbage you can use screwdrivers to remove them...if not I'd use tire spoons.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Boys talk wth OMF. Bones is the contact there.\

Overlord

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
quick question if you looking aftermarket than why get an 11 inch wheel????
Actually, it doesn't have to be 11',could be bigger.
I just want some nice black rims with street tires
I understand, rims have to be 4/114 bolt pattern front and rear.
Anything else I should watch for?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.