Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought this thing 2 weeks ago...

The other day, I was riding a pretty fast pace through the trails and as im approaching this hill, it dies. Won't even start, it'll turn over, but wont start. The fuel pump is priming.

Ended up pushing it back to a decent spot to where i could get my truck into the woods and load it up by pushing it, man did that suck lol, especially after the 3 mile walk to get to my truck.

Any ideas of what the problem could be? Its all stock other than beadlock fronts.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Did you check for spark and fuel? If you bought it new 2 weeks ago, I know where I would take it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
haha yes i have fuel in the tank, i have spark, the plug is good, and the air filter is clean. Guess she is going back to the stealership.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Is the fuel ON, know that some of our bike's petcock makes it look like it's on but it's not, my petcock indicator is pointing up instead of down. Check that out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys. Ill go try it in a few min. In the mean time, I looked into my gas tank and found this: What the hell is it? Is it bad gas? Im running 93 in her.
Its the black looking thing in there.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I messed with it more today after getting off work. I turned the fuel valve on the RESERVE position, it spit and sputtered. Then I turned it back to the ON position and it ran for a few min, then died. Lastly, I turned it completely onto the OFF position and it ran fine.

Ill check the roll over sensor tonight. I forgot about it, the same thing happened on my Kawi. Thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Haha agreed. You spend some serious cash on a nice quad and they cant even put it together right.

Great forum, Fast responses. I appreciate the help.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
I messed with it more today after getting off work. I turned the fuel valve on the RESERVE position, it spit and sputtered. Then I turned it back to the ON position and it ran for a few min, then died. Lastly, I turned it completely onto the OFF position and it ran fine.

Ill check the roll over sensor tonight. I forgot about it, the same thing happened on my Kawi. Thanks for the help guys.
Kinda if weird; when you had it in reserve; it spit and sputtered but then when you turn it to on; it ran for a few minutes then died but when you turned it off; it ran fine. There should have been 2 positions where it would have ran fine if you have a full tank of gas. Now, of course if you only have about 1/8 of gas then that would be normal, how much gas do you actually have?

If you do have allot of gas then there's something wrong with your petcock.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have about 1/4 of a tank.
I am also confused by this Nash. It has enough gas in it. I was also thinking it had something to do with the petcock. I just want this to be over with. If nothing changes, then ill just take it back to the dealership.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts