Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well some on offered me 900$ cash for my 01 Honda Recon es 250...it was my first quad at 6 when my dad got it new for me.... it has over 2500 hours of my seat time.... no one i know can drive the quad as fast, as well, or as bad ass as i can..bunny hop it 2ft off a 2'' log...... i love the quad but i need the $$ to go into the xx (big 3 and tires)......i just cant decide..... its beat (plastics) and i know im not to gona get any more for it, ever.... soo please help...

·
Registered
984 Posts
go for it! just think how much better the xx will be with the new parts!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats what im sayin.... but still im kinda dont wana sale it.... and ic that ur wife has the recon's cousin the trx250... it gona outlast all ur quad trust me

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
I'd say to go for it as well. Yes, you love it... but you've moved on to a new quad to love. Chances are that you don't ride it much any more. Time to sell it and give someone else a chance to love it like you did.

roadkill

·
Registered
446 Posts
just think of all the joy you'll be giving some little kid who now gets their own "bad ass" quad because any quad you own becomes "bad ass" especially at age 6 lol.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah i think im gona do it.. with that said i just came in from riden it maby for the last time...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Its always hard to let go of your first true love...i know how you feel i recently sold my 250ex that i was on forever! It sucked to sell it but seeing the 700 in the garage always puts a smile on my face.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i am gona miss it dearly

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
just think of it this way dude if you sell it and use the money to mod out the xx it will be like your passing on its legacy to its younger (but bigger:hey:) brother. using your old quads remains to add some real life to your new one.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah true... now i just gona try to get the barker as cheap as possible

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
i am gona miss it dearly
I am the same as you . I hate selling my last pride and joy, but onwards and upwards as they say !
Took me 12 months of not using the 450r to sell it.
It is hard but 700rr will be better for it.:D

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am the same as you . I hate selling my last pride and joy, but onwards and upwards as they say !
Took me 12 months of not using the 450r to sell it.
It is hard but 700rr will be better for it.:D
damn.. i still use my recon alot

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
My opinion is not the best because I think I have only sold 4 bikes out of the many I have bought over the years. I still regret selling the 85 350X and 86 200X.

I still have my 1985 125M that my dad bought new when I was 7.

You will always remember your first!!!!!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
1 - 16 of 16 Posts