Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched a bunch of times to try and find info on what I need to mod to install the DS450 shocks I just bought. I know I saw a post before on how to do it but I cant seem to find it now. Does anyone have any info on how to install them or know where I can find that post? Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
18 Posts
i havent installed the ds shocks on a 700xx but i did just install kfx450r shocks on a trx400ex, and would assume the procedure will be the same. line up the shock to the bracket, mark off how much you need to grind down, and go to town w/ a griner. take breaks, use lots of wd-40 or cutting oil or else the shock itslef will get too hot, and the aluminum will get too soft and gunk up your grinding wheel. also, be careful as the bushing is hardened steel and the body is aluminum, so one will be ground faster than the other. washers will help if you take too much off the shocks, and be sure there is plenty of clearance of the shock through the entire travel so they dont bind up on any hanging steel. the bracket itself might need to be ground a little as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts