Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My 700 keeps dying when I go up really steep hills. It boggs until it dies or I let off the throttle. Also it doesn't happen all the time, only when I'm in the sand climbing a dune. I was thinking it doesn't get quite enough fuel for the full pull up the hill. But like I said its intermittent but happens a lot. I can pull the hill 2nd gear pegged make it twice then the third time it dies, or vise versa. I turned the reserve on thinking the gas was just running to the back of the tank but that didn't help, also have filled the tank all the way up. Any advise?
*also have fmf q4 with powerbomb, k&n, stage 3 hotcam , with fmf programmer. It did this before I put the cam in...

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
It's ur programer your running to rich and when ur under full throttle up hill in the sand it's dumping so much fuel it's choking out the bike drop try droping the mid and top setting on the programmer down one

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
awesome! thank you... i have a feeling im completely off track now though, think i need to bring it in and get it dyno tuned.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts