Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just spent the last hour reading former threads. Looking for updated and specific guidance. I have a multiday ride next weekend and need an extremely durable tire. I just went out to check over the XX and found a flat rear stocker and a low front stocker. They had been holding air fine. I am confident that I heard when they were damaged last ride. A pretty good rock clunk that I noticed. Sure enough it did damage.

I ride extremely rocky terrain at high speed.

I don't care about mud performance. I need long tread life and extreme flat resistance. After reading all the other threads I'm thinking I may have pinched the sidewall instead of a surface puncture.

I would like to stay at 22" but will do 20" if it guarantees better durability. For reference, I have went through a fourth of the stock tires tread in four days of riding. Holy shit right!

So it looks like my choices are:
22" Kutters
22" Razr
20" Razr 2's
20" Xrecs

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I ran 20x11x10 Kenda Bearklaws XCR . There a Kenda 6 ply tyre which I have found to be stronger than other 6 ply tyres. I am using them next weekend in an 8 hr enduro.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I saw the Bearclaws and they look aggressive. Very open tread pattern though. Not sure if that wouldn't just increase face puncture opportunity. I think they had a 22" as well. It seems more of a mud tire in design upon second viewing.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I ride on appt of jagged rocks in dried up creek and rock ledges. I have kenda kutters.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have a set of Razr 2's. They are tough, much more durable than the orignal razr's I ran on my past sport quads. In fact, for my area, they are just too much. I usually run my stock tires because the Razr 2's grip too good. I haven't had to plug them yet, and I would expect them to have longer tread life than the standards.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So we have a site sponsor - Discount Tire
Do they only sell GBC brand? I have been on there site and thats all it will bring up. Why would they only carry one brand? I would like to support them as a sponsor, but have decided to go Kenda Kutter most likely. Disappointing!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just made the purchase on RMATV. Bought the Kenda Kutter front & rear. 22" all the way around. Gonna put them on my stock rims. Hope they work out well.
Thanks for the input everyone!

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
So we have a site sponsor - Discount Tire
Do they only sell GBC brand? I have been on there site and thats all it will bring up. Why would they only carry one brand? I would like to support them as a sponsor, but have decided to go Kenda Kutter most likely. Disappointing!
The stock dunlop tires don't like asphalt. Idk if that's where you got all your wear from. And if so the front kutters you may not be to happy with. As far as the GBC'c idt they come in 11" rim size. And yes Discount tire is a site sponsor, and they will beat lowest price found anywhere! So if you goto a 10" rim you may want to check these out next time around. Just like the Razr's about 1/2 the price for now!
http://www.club700xx.com/vb/showthread.php?t=8211

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I wish Discount offered the other brands. I have been getting all my vehicle tires there for the past few years and I go through a lot. This is how cool the local Discount Tire shop is. I just went in this morning with a punctured tire issue on my 3/4 ton. I bought the truck recently and it still has the tires it came with. Took it in to them and they patched it for free! They didn't sell those tires to me even. Thats pretty impressive.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Just made the purchase on RMATV. Bought the Kenda Kutter front & rear. 22" all the way around. Gonna put them on my stock rims. Hope they work out well.
Thanks for the input everyone!

thats what im running... so far they have been good,,, ive got around 500miles on mine... we did 100 miles this weekend... im tired..lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts