Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last weekend i got a 1inch cut in the sidewall of one of my razr rear tires... Put a tube in it but i would really like a set of new rears because i'm going on vacation firt full week in june.. taking bike with me and my only set of backup tires are the stock ones.. I'm not picky i just need another set of something good... even if i have to go with 10in rims (just dont know what rims to get) never looked into it... so my question is who knows where to get a set of rear tires.. any good brand that is IN STOCK!!!!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Rarzs or the Kendas are good. Most places like motosport or rocky mountain are really good at getting you your stuff quick. Go to their websites to see whats in stock

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea... that is what i need help with.. nobody has anything in stock...

·
Registered
172 Posts
xrex have harder compound then razr2!!!!

RM ship under 3day, I recieve mine in 3-4 day (i' leave quebec canada)

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Does anyone have any ideas on how to drill out a set of 4x110 wheels to fit 4x144??? I have a set of dwt red labels but I just gotta make them fit. If I can do that I'll order the gbc tires

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Id say, call them and see. the website maybe isnt updated that often on every thing theyve got.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm really digging the gbc tires. And I have the rims they are just the wrong bolt pattern. I want to figure out how to drill them to fit. Need ideas on that now. All I know to do is put them in a lathe and score them in a circle 72mm out from center. Then space 4 holes evenly around the 144mm circle. Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Rims aren't that expensive I say just buy the correct rims and get the tires you want. And the razr 2's are a great tire they really hook up and I have had 0 flats

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
I have zero flats or plugs on my OEM Dunlops. And there at least half way worn out, heres a picture of them two rides back. I did slime them when new. http://www.slime.com/ I'm pretty sure I will add this to the kenda's when I break down and mount them.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I use cardboard to fabricate templates all the time at work. I thought of that but just wondered if there was a way to be more precise. I have a bore calculator a compass and a set of center punches. So the cardboard could work, but just wondered if there was professional way without building a jig.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Something to check before you get to the point of no return, make sure that the hole in the center of the 10" rim is big enough to land completely on the flat of the stock hubs.

I can't think of a better template than the hub. You can drive the studs out, clamp it down, and use a center punch the size of the stud holes.

You can verify that it will clear the center hole and the rim dish before you drill too.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I'm really digging the gbc tires. And I have the rims they are just the wrong bolt pattern. I want to figure out how to drill them to fit. Need ideas on that now. All I know to do is put them in a lathe and score them in a circle 72mm out from center. Then space 4 holes evenly around the 144mm circle. Thoughts?

Machine shop.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Haha I'm a mechanic/welder/fabricator so I don't want to pay someone to do something I feel I am capable of doing. Even is it takes me a little longer than a machine shop. I have stock rims + red labels loaded up. I'm going to make a template for both tomorrow on my lunch break

1 - 20 of 53 Posts