Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've got yet another flat tire in the rear, its the second time now and the other rear tire has a slow leak, sick of this and need some better and tougher tires as there's lots of rocks etc down here.
Was thinking about some maxis but can I run maxis in the back and regulars in the front ? Any other tires that are good for 11in ?

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
a lot of people will start telling you to get a 10" rim and pick a tire... I say, get your Razr's for the rear, and if you want, you can still run your stock fronts.. that's no problem.. besides the Razr, Kenda has an 11'' tire called the Kutter, but I believe these are on backorder everywhere

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are those more resistant to punctures, thats what I want to avoid, the front ones seems ok but its the rear tires that gets all the punctures ;)

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
You're rear tires will puncture more over front due to them slipping/spinning out due to accelerating and stuff. When you get your new tires, try to get a 6 ply tire, which means it is thicker and stronger, therefore less likely to have shale or prickers get implanted in it. You can run any tire combination you want really, ITPs up front w/ Maxis in the rear, this or that, it doesn't really matter. It all boils down to budget. Also, there are a lot more options for the 10" wheel, however w/ the 11" there are getting more options out there. The thing w/ Kenda and the Maxis I believe is that they are both on back order. If you search some threads, you could prolly see some other tires for the 11" rimes.

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
I have the maxxis razr's in the rear (6ply) and a stick went threw them this weekend while riding! A friggin stick!!! now i gotta hole about the size of a dime in the rear between the tread blocks. Unfortunately the razr's and kutters are on backorder. if you search you can find them. I know i did :D

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Wow Hayden, that is intense LOL. Never seen that.
Just so you know, I slime every tire I have as well.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Same thing happened to me lol, got a stick on the side of my tire, I was thinking the same thing lol, a freaking stick hahaha.
Today was pretty bad doh, where they put the plug in the tire, the hole got bigger and was leaking very badly, like 2-3min and its flat. Wasn't too happy, the trails were so nice god I wish I could ride more than the pesky 1.5hours.......

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Same thing happened to me lol, got a stick on the side of my tire, I was thinking the same thing lol, a freaking stick hahaha.
Today was pretty bad doh, where they put the plug in the tire, the hole got bigger and was leaking very badly, like 2-3min and its flat. Wasn't too happy, the trails were so nice god I wish I could ride more than the pesky 1.5hours.......
You can always put a tube in it to get you by if you are waiting on back ordered tires.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I called and they have some in stock some 6ply razrs, should I go with the stock size 22x11x9 ?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok, stock is 22x9 r11, just wondering if 22x10, is 10 the width ? Why is it better ?

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
That's the only size you can get the razr's in that'll fit your stock wheels. Some people like the wider tire some people don't. The kenda kutter xc comes in the stock size 22/9/11.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
I ordered my Razr rear tires direct from Maxis...

The Razr to fit a stock rear rim is the M932 and the actual part #TM00208100 size 22x10x11
22 = diameter
x
10 = width
x
11 = rim size

roadkill

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok, well ordered the razrs for my quad, hopefully I'll be able to ride a full ride this time lol.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just wondering, is the razrs good in the snow compare to the stock dunlop ? Will I need some zippers ?

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
They are a lot better than stockers, they have deeper lugs and everything. I did 3 races last winter w/ out studs and that was ice and I did fine. Slid around a lot, but it was fun.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts