Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Clever idea, I wonder how much further it protrudes than the standard grab bar setup. 2 extra gallons would be handy sometimes.

·
Registered
671 Posts
PRM makes those. They first made that tank for Wayne Matlock a few years ago to give him extra range while prerunning Baja races, they then decided to put them into production. I could of sworn is was discontinued over a year ago, but PRM still lists them on their website, so maybe they do still make them. I would give PRM a call first and see if they do still offer them. I would be worried about ordering one and prepaying and then finding out they are discontinued and trying to get your money back.

Doug

·
Registered
231 Posts
It looks like they have a limited amount back in stock. At least that what it says on their web site. I know when I bought my side bars from them they weren't selling it at that time. Great people to deal with and high quality product. I would just call to make sure it is in stock as stated above.

·
Registered
111 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the ims tank is 4.9 gal total and our quad have 3.0 gal so 2 gal

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
700xxchris,
That is a nice looking tank. Looks very well made. If I was in the market for an extended range fuel tank, I'ld have that in a heart beat.
Sid

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it does look good plus it gives u a place to maybe pack a small cooler for a few sodas or waters while riding i think im gonna get it here in a few weeks just bought dl700 curtis sparks from him and now my quad savings is broke lol so when i get it ill do a review on it

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
PRM does make good products... But, I'm not sure I'd want 2 gals of fuel behind me like that. Think about if you got hit from behind. Just saying, it may not be the best place to locate extra fuel.

roadkill

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
several quads locate the fuel tank in the rear. The KFX700 for one, and I believe the Can-am Renegade's are as well. Someone posted a picture up on here about side tanks on the nerf bar's. And I think he raced x country w/out a issue. May have been the same quad that hit that cow.

·
Registered
111 Posts
So with this setup, would you run a hose & tee piece into the main supply line from the petcock ? & where is the fuel pump located on the XX ?
Just trying to get my head around how it would work.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the fuel pump is right infront of the radiator directly under the gas tank as far as intalaling the tank i have no idea yet

1 - 13 of 13 Posts