Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my trx june of 2010. I didnt know what kind of gas to put in it so i ran 87. well then i was told that 87 is to lean so i added octane booster. I then noticed it was running different so i drained the fuel and changed the spark plug and started running 91 octane becasue thats all i can get where i live. Its not as throttle responsive as it was when i got it. You can be at idle and hit the gas and it cuts out. its more like when i hit the gas it stops then goes. idk if it is just me thinking to much about it or what but i would like to know if anybody else ran into this problem. And also, what should i run in my stock 700xx?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I havent did a valve adjustment because the dealership told me to wait till 100 hours. I really dont think i have rode even 50. And my filter seems to look like im running rich but that might have been from the otane booster. I ran 87 in it for 6-8 months. I took her out yesterday and it seems to be fine now i think it just needed a few tanks of good gas ran threw her. I tear it apart and see about a valve adjustment just to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well the tub going into the side of the air filter, well it has a dark brown mark on the filter around that tub and it smells like gas. A guy told me im running rich so idk. I guess ill jsut buy a unifilter and do the valve adjustment and go from there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts