Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have stock exhaust at the moment I am looking into new exhaust but for the time being does taking the spark arrestor out have any positive or negative effect on the xx.

I mean besides park rangers and the rules of state parks

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I have stock exhaust at the moment I am looking into new exhaust but for the time being does taking the spark arrestor out have any positive or negative effect on the xx.

I mean besides park rangers and the rules of state parks
There's no power gains by removing the spark arrestor on a stock exhaust. The restriction is in the middle chamber. I believe there's a write up in the how to section on modding it for power.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so is there any negatives to removing it?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Not being able to ride in lots of places.

But one pro of it is you could use your 700 to light your campfire.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
There will be no gain in power if you remove the spark arrester. It may be a bit louder... BUT, louder and sounding good are different. Removing the spark arrester just makes it sound funky. As said before, you also wouldn't be able to ride just too many places. Private land is about the only places where you could ride and lots of private land owners won't let you ride their land without one either.

roadkill

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
so is there any negatives to removing it?
Performance wise no. If you take it out to cut out the chamber wall for more power you could reinstall the arrestor so you'd be legal again. Keeping the arrestor in will also help muffle it without loosing any power you'd ever notice

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
I cut my sparky off my stock exhaust and it didn't sound good. Sounded like little birds chirping! :lol: I thought I had a birds nest in my pipe! :D
I would buy a billet tip off eBay and keep the stock tip and sparky in tact in case you need it.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I pulled mine out not long after I got the 700 and hated how it sounded/ran so I stuck it back in.

·
Registered
231 Posts
When I bought my quad the guy I bought it from had already removed the tip and spark arrestor. I didn't like the way it sounded and ran so I bought an aluminum billit tip with an arrestor screen and it sounds a whole better then it did plus it looks better than not having anything on the tip of the exhaust.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts