Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i installed the barker an the efi n holy hell what a difference.. it seems like the front wheels never wanna hit the ground lol deff. take time to get used to on the trails.. a few time i wanted to turn n the bike wanted to go straight due to lack of steering with the wheels off the ground lol

·
Registered
421 Posts
I definitely witnessed this when I first installed the Big 3. I can't say that I don't love having this problem but the first day I rode it after the install I was going through tight trails and if I gave it too much gas before a corner I would find the front end lifting up and having to slam the rear brakes to drop the front end before slamming my front end into a tree.

·
Registered
421 Posts
This is for sure. I always compare it to handling more like a car. Brake before the corner then gas out of the corner keeping traction on the tires at all time unlike a SRA that you slide around the corners with. In my earlier post I was just pointing out how the extra power just really surprised me and the front end popped up on me as I gave it gas out of a corner and with another corner coming up I had to brake to bring the front end back down before hitting the tree. I must say it was an awesome feeling how much the added power surprised me.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
so i installed the barker an the efi n holy hell what a difference.. it seems like the front wheels never wanna hit the ground lol deff. take time to get used to on the trails.. a few time i wanted to turn n the bike wanted to go straight due to lack of steering with the wheels off the ground lol
It's hella fun once you get used to the front lifting like that and adapt. Does not take long. If you had the quiet core in, wait till you take it out and adjust your efi to running without. :D

roadkill

·
Registered
68 Posts
Lol, same problem here!

Roadkill, do you happen to know the difference in settings for the full package with or without the QC? I only see one recommendation for exhaust, filter modded bikes.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Lol, same problem here!

Roadkill, do you happen to know the difference in settings for the full package with or without the QC? I only see one recommendation for exhaust, filter modded bikes.
I spoke with Eric at EHS about this and he recommended the following settings for WITH quiet core...
Green = 3
Yellow = 3
Red = 2.5
No change in the other 3 modes.

roadkill

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
the real problem is when you go "well i got the big 3 that was fun now i want to go faster"....im running out of money:cry:.lol

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks road kill ill recheck my efi n adjust it

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
if sumoone will call me to help me adjust this thing pm n ill send u my number lol im lost here

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thanks Roadkill! I'll try the settings you posted. I'm hitting the Dyno before I head down to Hatfield, so I'll have a chance to try with/without QC - will post what I find.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
if sumoone will call me to help me adjust this thing pm n ill send u my number lol im lost here
I'll talk you through it. I'm in my office in the mornings... or will be right back.
(415) 665-9323
Doug aka roadkill

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ill give u call in a lil bit if i have time to mess with it i gotta few errands to run

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.