Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm just curious if anyone else has gotten pro armor fat bar nerf bars. We'll I did. I put them on and now I'm having trouble getting the plastic pice that goes around the back (not the finder, almost looks like a radiator shroud but on the back) I'm having trouble getting all the bolts to line up. Also when I removed the stock heel guards I now don't have anything to hold the plastic pice over close to the engine so now it constantly rubs against my foot. Anyone know what I'm talking about or have ideas for me? Thanks

·
Registered
258 Posts
There is several threads on these nerfs and the fact they dont fit properly, I have them on mine and had the same dramas your having, if you persist long enough with them and enlarge some of the holes they will go on eventually, with the plastic bit rubbing your foot I think this is something that happens with all aftermarket nerfs, I just left it (but have never noticed it) some people cut them shorter or try to cable tie them into the engine a bit

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I fabbed my nerfs up a little bit too. I got the first set they made after their trial runs 5 years ago, and it was a pain in the rear. I never had bolts going from the rear plastics to the top of the nerfs. Everything else I manage to bolt up though, with some tweaking of the bars and making holes a little bigger.

·
Registered
194 Posts
i just installed my Pro Armor Fat Peg Nerf Bars yesterday. they were completely perfect. i even powder coated them, adding a bit of thickness and they went on perfect, no drilling no bending no modifications at all. all bolts went in no problem. i love them

·
Registered
335 Posts
i just installed my Pro Armor Fat Peg Nerf Bars yesterday. they were completely perfect. i even powder coated them, adding a bit of thickness and they went on perfect, no drilling no bending no modifications at all. all bolts went in no problem. i love them

Uhhh..... your frame must be bent then. :lol:

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts