Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Thanks alot for all the great info and pics.
Has anyone tried the Houser nerfs? I would love to get some feedback on them as well before making a final decision.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Houser doesn't make them anymore. Those were the ones I wanted. You would have to find them used.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I found a brand new set for $475.00

·
Registered
335 Posts
I found a brand new set for $475.00
Where? Do they have more than one set? I will buy them and sell my ProArmors. I'm serious! Please let me know where.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
ok I have ordered the Houser Nerf bars only because I really dont want to have to modify anything. The pro-armors look nice but I have heard way to many horror stories about them. I want to thank everyone for all their input and I will post pics of the housers when I install them.

·
Registered
335 Posts
You had them next day aired right? I want to see them and have a patience problem. lmao

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
No sorry :) I did not receive any estimated date yet. I will keep you up to date as I get any info on them.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
If you are mechanically minded and have a six pack of beer then the Pro Armor nerfs are a breeze. The knack is to get the front to line up first. This may need ,a vice and a towel. Also if you get the Pro Peg nerfs , the tab that mounts to the frame near the airbox will break. This is normal and not really needed. The nerfs were over built like the bumpers. They like everyone else didn't know the frame would flex so much. I prefer the Pro XC nerfs that use the stock pegs.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I got my Houser Nerf Bars Today. I will be putting them on this weekend and I will post pics of the install etc...
:)

·
Registered
335 Posts
I'm excited for you. How can you wait for the weekend?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I may try to do them before the weekend, but I have a busy work week this week, we will see how it goes
:)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
OK I have gotten the nerf bars installed, they took a bit of time but the look and fit great.
The most important thing in installing these is to leave everything loose from the peg stands to the upper heel mounts to the front crossover to allow everything to fit. Then go around and slowly tighten everything so everything is pulled into place evenly. Also I found it easier to also remove the coolant reservoir to get the front crossmember in and it needs to be installed from the left side. The next hardest part was trying to estimate exactly where to cut the hole in the lower front plastics so the crossmember could fit through them. I used a hole saw but still wound up cutting them a couple times to get them to fit correctly. Now That I have done them once I think I could make a much better guess of where to cut them on another bike. Anyway they are done and look great. Just be patient and everything will go together very well.
Here is some pics of the install.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Damn you! I want those instead. Were they new? They look pretty rubbed up. Its so cool that they even put an attachment on with a grommet to catch the plastic bottom just like oem.

They look awesome my friend. Do they have any vibration in them at high revs? When I get high in the rpm's my proarmors transfer lots of ultra sonic vibration.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
They are brand new, that is just hand prints all over them.
I plan to go out riding today so I will let you know if there is any vibration in them.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
ok so I got some riding in this weekend and I really did not notice ant big difference with the new bounce pegs but I think that is the point. I think they are designed so you dont realize they are working and cutting down fatigue in your legs. I guess it is kinda hard for me to really say as I only had around 10 hours on the bike before the install.
Anyway they are very solid and do not transfer any vibration through the bike. I am very happy with them. It is a shame that Houser is not offering them any more.

·
Registered
2 Posts
These Houser bars look great and from what I understand they have no bad reports.
If anyone knows where I could get a set please message me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got the houser bars direct from them, they dont make anything for the 700 anymore so you'll have to search around for them. They are great bars though.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts