Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market for a set of nerfs. I have never owned a set and have no clue on the better companies.

What I am looking for is a full set of nerfs, including heal guards. I prefer netting over the aluminum bottoms. Also, powder coated black.

Where is the best place to look?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Look on eBay, pro armor fat peg nerfs

·
Registered
231 Posts
Look at PRM bars they are really solid and they have the option of powdercoat. I have the side bars from them.

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
If you buy Pro-Armour make sure to also buy 2 cases of beer or more because by the time you get these to fit you'll probably have to go back to purchase some more beer. I have a set & it took me for ever to get them on because they just don't fit. If you ask me I'd go with the Honda one's.

Regards, Joey.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
fhibbs12,
If you want a no hassle no fuss fit go with the "Honda Racing" nerfs. They use the original heel guards. I've had mine for 3 years and they still look like new. Not sure they are available in anything but clear aluminum with straps. (Note: Best the straps so you can shift without messing with the shift lever.)
Sid

·
Registered
201 Posts
fhibbs12,
If you want a no hassle no fuss fit go with the "Honda Racing" nerfs. They use the original heel guards. I've had mine for 3 years and they still look like new. Not sure they are available in anything but clear aluminum with straps. (Note: Best the straps so you can shift without messing with the shift lever.)
Sid

x2:thanks:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Houser-racing.com will still produce their nerfs. Their not listed on their site anymore - you gotta call 'em. Black powdercoating standard, but have 28 other colors available.

Wont lie - their pricey $ 475.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
The pro armor nerfs are a pain to put on but once you get them mounted they work great

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Lots of enlarging original holes on the nerf bars. I looked at mine this week, both the bolts that hold it to the frame were broken. It still held on there good, that I'm impressed with, but I had to drill out the frame nuts & install bigger bolts. These one's shouldn't break !!!!!

Regards.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have Albas and the tabs are already starting to crack at the foot pegs. The need to be welded before breaking off. They are only two months old.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts