Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed Nerfbars on my XX this w/e and on my wifes 250EX.

Honda Racing on the XX. Went on perfectly..no banging, bending, or forcing anything. The straps are a bit of a PIA to get on around the frame but are just the right length and fit perfectly. Overall pretty sharp.

Tusk on the 250..didn't line up, a lot of banging with the ol rubber mallet..Gave up and took them over to a friend's house that is a electrician and used his conduit bender to get them right. OOps missing some hardware as well- off to the auto parts store to get a muffler clamp U bolt and some misc. locking nuts. 4 hours later it's on and looks OK. Made of mild steel instead of aluminium like the Hondas, so will have to keep an eye on it to prevent rust. Look and work ok, but i won't be buying anything from Tusk soon.

LC

·
Registered
537 Posts
IMO the Tusk brand isn't worth the price with all the trouble you get from them. I've heard some pretty nasty install stories from them.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I've heard the Tusk are horrible to install as well as the Pro Armor ones. You're not the first to say the Honda Racing ones were a breeze to put on, I just wish they had some with built in heel guards. The AC Racing ones I put on my 400EX went on pretty easy, just the webbing was a bitch to do. That's what I plan on putting on the XX when I get it.

·
Registered
984 Posts
My stepson and I installed a set of Tusk red aluminum nerf's on his 250ex a year ago and it went very smoothly, no banging or bending. They look great and have held up better than I expected.

Does anybody know if the Honda nerf's come in black?

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Does anybody know if the Honda nerf's come in black?

Don't think so. However, the silver nerfs and silver yosh pipe made my silver wheels look 1000x better lol

Honda Racing Nerfs FTW!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Send them to me and I can get them Powder coated black if you need them. I can check on the price. We have a powder coating line at work and we run black just about every day.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Is the Honda Racing lettering in it a sticker or a badge?
If I got em, I would want to remove that and Line X em.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Is the Honda Racing lettering in it a sticker or a badge?
If I got em, I would want to remove that and Line X em.
It's a sticker. It comes off with every rock you hit.

·
Registered
207 Posts
The Line X or the sticker?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Look under the pictures section here at My XX Project (PORTUGAL). He has full net nerfs and I think they look great. The only problem is they are from a Portugal company www.xrwracing.com I sent them a messeage on their website to see if their is an american outlet or if they ship to us.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts