Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bit the bullet and bought the 700. Got it at Southern Powersports in Chattanooga, TN, for less than $4400 OTD and WOW! This thing is fun. I went to Highland Park (Cedartown, GA) and rode for a few hours today and LOVED it. Coming from riding motorcycles and 4x4 utility quads, the IRS is awesome. I have only riden SRA's a few times, and they are harsh on our trails here. I feel that I can honestly ride much faster with the IRS.

So far I've purchased the bare neccessities; hand gaurds, skid plate, side panels (not nerfs, to many sticks here for the webbing), front bumper, the CCP steering damper and a 13T front. Power is spot on for my riding style, and i like my rides quiet, so no exhaust or anything for now. The landings were a little harsh, but I'm 6'4" and 270, so that happens a lot. I'd opt for some after market springs/shocks to tame that a bit, but not being a racer, I wont drop 2K on a set. Any suggestions.

Great site here by the way. I have learned much over the last few days.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Elka make all levels of shocks, call Mike @ ATV Galaxy he will help you out

·
Registered
24 Posts
Welcome man.I as well done the same thing at Southern Honda.Got my XX for 4283 OTD and as well bought my wife a 2008 250EX for 1983 OTD.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Welcome to the site

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
@ phucknutz (man, thats funny), thanks. I checked them out. Looks like the low range on a front set is 450-700 and the rears 700+, so it's still a huge investment. I'll shoot them an e-mail and see if there is a more affordable option.

@Denny, looks like we are in the same neck of the woods. Southern is a good place to buy after Thanksgiving. I bought a CRF230 there to help my kids learn to ride. I am surprised they did $4283 OTD. They have always added $99 for set up and "business tax" (state) of 0.3%, GOOD JOB. Still for $113 bucks, I dont care. Maybe I'll haggle a little harder next time.

@smoOoth1, thanks for the other info. No washers, but the cutting off still baffles me?:confused:

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
@ phucknutz (man, thats funny), thanks. I checked them out. Looks like the low range on a front set is 450-700 and the rears 700+, so it's still a huge investment. I'll shoot them an e-mail and see if there is a more affordable option.

@Denny, looks like we are in the same neck of the woods. Southern is a good place to buy after Thanksgiving. I bought a CRF230 there to help my kids learn to ride. I am surprised they did $4283 OTD. They have always added $99 for set up and "business tax" (state) of 0.3%, GOOD JOB. Still for $113 bucks, I dont care. Maybe I'll haggle a little harder next time.

@smoOoth1, thanks for the other info. No washers, but the cutting off still baffles me?:confused:
There is a safety feature that cuts the ignition if you go to fast in reverse. The downfall is the sensor is on the transmission so it really can't tell how fast your actually going. The same limiter will cut ignition @ 88mph in 5th gear.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Welcome from one Newb to another.....I am actually about to pull the trigger as well.

I was about to try and get my 700 from Lawrenceville Honda......

Is Southern Powersports better in price....????

Lawrenceville is advertising the 700 for $4099 (I doubt OTD), but they are not open until Wednesday after New Years..

I have spoken to Bill at Southern about another purchase and he seemed nice.

Any purchasing input would be helpful....as I will be financing this...

It will be replacing my stolen 2006 Raptor 700R that I lost last year..

BTW....Congrats Jeff..........

What color combo did you go with?....I would like the black and red....

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@CobraCarrera, I like Southern. They are an hour and 15 from me, and so is Lawrenceville. I bought out of state so no 7% sales tax. I got the black and red, wanted all black, but thats a 09 model, not $4283. At $4099 and sales tax, I say if they have it, stay local.

@dagirl71, yup, running boards. I had a stick pop up through a net once a few years ago and still have a scar. I ride utility quads for work and floorboards seem to keep debris away from me. Personal pref I guess. I had them powder coated black. We'll see when they get here.

·
Registered
23 Posts
@CobraCarrera, I like Southern. They are an hour and 15 from me, and so is Lawrenceville. I bought out of state so no 7% sales tax. I got the black and red, wanted all black, but thats a 09 model, not $4283. At $4099 and sales tax, I say if they have it, stay local.

@dagirl71, yup, running boards. I had a stick pop up through a net once a few years ago and still have a scar. I ride utility quads for work and floorboards seem to keep debris away from me. Personal pref I guess. I had them powder coated black. We'll see when they get here.

Does Southern Honda still have 700XX left????

·
Registered
984 Posts
Welcome to the site! HyGear suspension (and a few others) can revalve and respring the rear shocks and set you up with a set of rebuildable fronts for under a grand.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Welcome to the site! HyGear suspension (and a few others) can revalve and respring the rear shocks and set you up with a set of rebuildable fronts for under a grand.
Someone else had mentioned them in another post, seemed like it was many months old. I looked at their web site, and they dont specifically list the XX, but I will call and ask. I'm sure they can do the work.

Has anyone here used them? Reputation, workmanship etc.?

@ CobraCarrera, yes, they had a few last Monday.

·
Registered
36 Posts
welcome

Welcome to the site,and congrads on your new ride.... ever wanna keep traveling north up here in TN, can hook you uo on some awesome riding (windrock,royal blue,grassy cove,brimstone)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Welcome to the site,and congrads on your new ride.... ever wanna keep traveling north up here in TN, can hook you uo on some awesome riding (windrock,royal blue,grassy cove,brimstone)
Definitely take you up on that! I've wanted to ride RB for some years now. We pass it each year going to Detroit. Havent heard of the others, but I'm good. Which place is closest to Athens?

·
Registered
36 Posts
re

windrock is about an hour drive from here, and RB is almost two hours, the other one grassy cove is closer but it is not a sanctioned area, its just a cpl hundred acres we thrash from time to time. And anytime you wanna go were probably good for it. !!!

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Welcome

1 - 17 of 17 Posts