Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

New 700 owner in NJ

6K views 29 replies 10 participants last post by  Legend330 
#1 ·
Hey, after 10 yrs away from quads I got bit by the bug. I will pick up my 700 after the new year. I can't wait, alot of good info here

Pete

#2 ·
Welcome to the site! Its a hella of a bug to get bit by! Well worth it though...What part of NJ are you from?

#8 ·
Cool! Welcome to the club, now we might have another rider coming with us on our Sunday trips in PA

#9 ·
Hey, I will be picking up my bike around 1-5, Paperwork is done but the dealer is closed till after the new year. I will have to find some place to ride thats local. Back in the day we went to laural hill in secaucus, the flats in north bergen and the turnpike before 16w.

#13 ·
cool I will let you know. Are you afraid of the cold weather like some of my other buddies (you know who you are)...:lmao: Or are you game to still ride this winter?

#15 ·
WOW !!!!!!!!!!!! Pick up my new bike today, by far it's the best looking 700 I have ever seen(LOL) Went up the block a couple of times and it pulled the front wheels up in 2nd wit out trying. The wife took out a life insurance policy on me. Hope to get in a ride Sat or Sun

Pete

#16 ·
Welcome and Congrats on the 700xx

#17 ·
A little revive to a great thread, I am the proud new owner of inkman101's 700 and wanted to introduce myself to fellow jersey riders. Hope to ride soon!

#19 ·
Thanks Sid!

Did another 2 hours today in the rain and I feel like we are getting to know one another pretty well, still not great yet but I can keep up just fine.... Gotta work on my climbs, first gear is to slow and second needs me to go a bit faster then the rocks allow. I can't wait to be comfortable on it!

#20 ·
Legend330,
Does your machine have a 13 tooth output shaft sprocket? That will make first gear and the rest more manageable. As soon as I changed mine the gearing was incredible more user friendly. It allows first gear to be used longer before a gear change is necessary.
Sid

#21 ·
Sid, that upgrade was done by inkman. I think it's just how I ride, I am still learning the ways of the trails. I think I am a little to easy on the clutch and just need to learn to feather it better. It only has 9 hours it, 5 from me, and I still think it is breaking in, already I blew a tire, lost skid plate clamps, and wheelied into trees (all by accident of course) haha it's just me learning 4 wheels instead of 2. Would you know if the exhaust would help any? It came with a full hmf with fuel optimizer but I don't wanna draw attention to myself as I ride at night alot, but for better gearing I could be swayed and just use the most silent insert. Gonna read up on it now. Thanks Sid

#22 ·
Idt you will see any gain on the stage 1 insert, maybe even a loss. I'm sure you've seen the size of the small stage 1 insert. And they "HMF" don't even recommend you use that one for extended use! My guess is because it's like running a corked up exhaust, but like i said to start with idt, lol...

http://www.mta-la.com/Portals/0/f. Exhaust pgs. 121-150.pdf

#23 ·
That makes perfect sense, and I am a bit skeptical about changing the exhaust for reliability purposes as well, how were the gains to sound comparison on yours? I am not afraid to do it I just live 20ft from either neighbor at home and ride in night/rain on the good trails (wink wink)

Side question, where can I get new clamps for my front dg skids? Or should I create something else to make a tighter fit? Thanks and happy holidays

#24 ·
Power gain was awesome, and sound is amazing. I don't think you'd have a problem with your neighbors, as long as you don't get on it right away. Hell I have a video of my quad backing up and a user committed that he couldn't even hear it running! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JHKsrjToCo

As far as the dg skid clamps, yes poor design! If you can fabricate something like a U-bolt that would be nice. The rears are fine it's just the fronts. I used some heater hose around my A-arm and then the clamp seamed to tighten fine.

#25 ·
Power gain was awesome, and sound is amazing. I don't think you'd have a problem with your neighbors, as long as you don't get on it right away. Hell I have a video of my quad backing up and a user committed that he couldn't even hear it running! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JHKsrjToCo

As far as the dg skid clamps, yes poor design! If you can fabricate something like a U-bolt that would be nice. The rears are fine it's just the fronts. I used some heater hose around my A-arm and then the clamp seamed to tighten fine.

no joke I have already seen that video! saw it before I bought my 700 when I was trying to research it. you cant hear it back up and that's awesome, what end do you use? I think she is powerful enough for now but it helps already having the exhaust and fuel optimizer cause I am a sucker for efficiency and I know the stock exhaust cant be helping any.

Just did the uni filter and I am curious to see how much it helped, might go on Thursday. emailed prm for a six pack rack, I think you found my deal on nerfs, looking into some kind of hand guard, and will be getting on Kyle for the sway bar. going to try all that and see where my needs are for my riding style because this is my first new machine ever and I want to protect it for the next guy (my kids!)
inkman also through in the ds450's so that will be another conversation we have once I get my funds right... safe to say I think inkman modeled this quad after yours. thanks again, happy holidays!

#26 ·
I have the HMF performance series exhaust. It's not like the competition one, there are no changeable ends on mine. As far as hand guards lot's of riders like the Powermadd ones. I have the Emgo Pro-Guard Reinforced Hand-guards. Wanted these cause they look good and will take a beating when needed.

#27 ·
Great thanks for all your help! I hope to ride tomorrow and try out that uni filter, just need that PRM rack to hold my just in case tools

#28 ·
Rode 4 hours in the snow covered trails today and it was amazing. Not trying to blast my buddy but his 500 Polaris was stuck in every drift, and the 700xx ripped through! With a little wiggle I could clear just about all of them, sorry Polaris! Stil the greatest purchase of my life. Learned that the front brakes like to freeze and that the reverse limiter really is the most wasted product ever, was it made only to keep the 700 safe while backing up? Nerfs, bumper, and rear skid came in today gonna put them on tomorrow and ride through some more snow. Can't wait!!

#29 ·
Have you see the thread to bypass the reverse limiter?

#30 ·
Yes, it was my mission last night to research it! Looks extremely simple to do and that's good I just need a sodering gun. Also looking to do the handle bar mounted reverse lever like Duravette had, would save so much time over the life of my 700.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.