Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! Have just been going through the process of purchasing a 2nd hand 09 700xx ( only done about 30hrs)
These are quite hard to track down in New Zealand, seems they didn't really take off over here.
I Have come from riding a suzuki ltz400 which was great but I decided it was time for a power upgrade and the IRS rear on the xx has caught my eye since I first saw one on a demo a few years ago. I ride mainly trails, some open farmland, some tight technical stuff, I can't wait to get the xx out and put it through its paces!
The bike already comes with an aftermarket pipe (unsure of make yet)
so will see how that goes.
A 13t sprocket is on the way from the local dealer but any other mod parts are going to be tricky to track down here in NZ.
I am and engineer so will be able to do a few bits myself, fabricating a new 16mm dia swaybar (11/16 and 9/16 bar is not avalible here in NZ) will be first on the list, I don't mean to step on your toes kyle (l8ton racing) I would dearly love one of your 11/16 swaybars but the cost of getting it to NZ is just a bit much for me (wifes given me a tight budget!!)
After that I will just see how she goes and start writing a wish list from there :)
Last but not least I want to say thanks to the guys that set up this club and to those that keep it going, It has been and continues to be an invaluable research tool for those of us looking for and those of us who own a 700xx!!

Ride it like you stole it :xx:

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Welcome to the Club!

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Welcome to the Club700xx . I found alot of bargains on Ebay . I get all my parts for the xx from the US. Rocky Mountain ships worldwide , seems expensive but there is no import duty fees. There's a few dealers that will ship OEM parts worldwide also. Postage is kinda high but still cheaper than UK dealer prices.
Hope this helps. :D

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I finally got around to fabricating a new 16mm high tensile bar swaybar, took it for its first test ride the other day and what a huge improvement!
Also managed to find some time to fit some front mudguards :)
Here are a few pics
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Bicycle tire Motor vehicle

Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Tread

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Tread Locking hubs

Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle

·
Registered
461 Posts
Welcome!!!!!Those fender are awesome send me the drawing I hate all mud an stuff those front wheels throw Great idea:xx::xx:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts