Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been puttering around these forums for a week or so now (great group) so figured I'd introduce myself. My new 700xx should be arriving in about a week thanks to the bonus bucks deals going on with the '08 models. Last time I had a wheeler was a 400ex I only got to ride a few times years ago. Where I moved to where I am now and saw trails behind the neighborhood I needed one again.

Question. What mods would be recommended for trail riding? I already have a 13t sprocket. Bigger tires? How big can/should you go?

·
Registered
788 Posts
Welcome to the xx club. Glad you decided to pick up the sport again. The xx is a lot of bike compared to the 400. I used to live in Westchester but moved to Ohio a couple of years a ago. As far as the mods go I am still new to the bike but have gone to the 13T and it does the job on the trails. For the tires, I am going to stick with the stock until they wear down but a lot of guys here suggest the Razors or Razor 2. The stock fronts push a bit but the rears grab pretty well. As people tag in you will have more info. Congrats again and hope you enjoy the site and the bike.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Welcome to club!! I have gone to Razor2's front & back ..22" all around. Works great for me ..

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
welcome to the club... im from Middleburgh N.Y. and i have bout 30 mile of trails that i can get to from my house

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Seeing you live close, we will have to ride. I am prolly coming home next wednesday for my 5 day weekend, do some trout fishing and then maybe some riding. When are you getting yours? and from what shop?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Welcome Aboard!:hey:

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Seeing you live close, we will have to ride. I am prolly coming home next wednesday for my 5 day weekend, do some trout fishing and then maybe some riding. When are you getting yours? and from what shop?
I will be out of town for the long weekend myself. But some other time for sure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.