Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to say hi, and let everyone know I love my 700xx. I just went out for my first good ride yesterday and I had a blast. Now I only need to get the suspension set up and learn how to turn the damn thing...LOL Anyways thanks everyone for this site and all of your posts, there is a ton of usefull information here.:yay:

Later,
Ryan

·
Registered
788 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the xx world.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Welcome!

What part of AZ? I am in Phoenix.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Welcome to the club Ryan.. as to turning it? Nads up on tank & gut hanging off of the quad in opposite direction you want to go..:nuts:

·
Registered
217 Posts
Welcome Aboard!:hey:

·
Registered
355 Posts
I'm in Phoenix. Where do you ride? I'll be hooking up with Skier207 soon to go riding near Wickenberg. I've been going to Lake Pleasant for my first couple weeks over riding the XX.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I also live in Surprise. I make the Crown King ride when I can. I mainly ride in Wickenburg. As a matter of fact, my daughter and I made a nice trip all the way around Vulture Peak yesterday. Good ride, but I need to do some of that 700XX riding. You know, fast. This ride was some what subdued and tame. She is young and I had to stay with her. Still had a great ride.:tup:

·
Registered
59 Posts
welcome ryan,all you az guys let me know when ya want to hook up and ride im in the east valley but can travel to wikenburg never riden my 700 up ther yet.hit me up!

·
Registered
355 Posts
welcome ryan,all you az guys let me know when ya want to hook up and ride im in the east valley but can travel to wikenburg never riden my 700 up ther yet.hit me up!
Let's get together this weekend! I'm in Surprise. I'd be willing to travel east as well as west. I really need to hook up with some experienced riders.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I would like to go riding this weekend, but I will be out of town for a few weeks starting on Wednseday. We will have to try it again when I get back. I will have my laptop, so feel free to post some pictures. Have fun!!!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
If you guys in the Phoenix metropolitian area are planning a ride this weekend, post what time and where you are meeting. My trip got pushed back a couple of days at least, and I may not be going out of town this weekend. I may be up for that ride. Just need to know if and where you folks may be going to, where you are meeting and when. Keep me posted.

·
Registered
355 Posts
If you guys in the Phoenix metropolitian area are planning a ride this weekend, post what time and where you are meeting. My trip got pushed back a couple of days at least, and I may not be going out of town this weekend. I may be up for that ride. Just need to know if and where you folks may be going to, where you are meeting and when. Keep me posted.
Joker I'll be up at The Boulders (mile marker 11.5 Carefree Highway) Saturday and Sunday afternoons. You can't miss me. I'll be the only one towing with a blue 2008 Chrysler minivan. Don't laugh it tows 3500 lbs and has dual DVDs for the kids. Of couse it also has my wife's Tinkerbell sticker and antenna figure. Oh well. It works until the lease is up and I can get a manly truck! We'll probable bring a small grill too and some hotdogs.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Joker I'll be up at The Boulders (mile marker 11.5 Carefree Highway) Saturday and Sunday afternoons. You can't miss me. I'll be the only one towing with a blue 2008 Chrysler minivan. Don't laugh it tows 3500 lbs and has dual DVDs for the kids. Of couse it also has my wife's Tinkerbell sticker and antenna figure. Oh well. It works until the lease is up and I can get a manly truck! We'll probable bring a small grill too and some hotdogs.
:confused: I went out there today but I must have been in the wrong areas. I saw a few motorcycles and a couple of quads, no 700XX's or blue van. I looked in a couple of different areas, but no such luck. I've never heard of the Boulders, so, I didn't know which side of the road it was on. I ended up going to ride in Wickenburg. Not very good riding. The river is the best place to ride and it is flowing pretty good. To deep to enjoy.

·
Registered
355 Posts
:confused: I went out there today but I must have been in the wrong areas. I saw a few motorcycles and a couple of quads, no 700XX's or blue van. I looked in a couple of different areas, but no such luck. I've never heard of the Boulders, so, I didn't know which side of the road it was on. I ended up going to ride in Wickenburg. Not very good riding. The river is the best place to ride and it is flowing pretty good. To deep to enjoy.
What time were you there? I got there late. Round 230. We climbed some sick mountains. My quad almost ended up in a ravine when I rolled coming down a steep trail. The 700 climbs like a goat but those damn trails going down those mountains are treacherous. Rocky, loose dirt and some boulders thrown in. I was coming down and a ledge dropped nearly 3 feet down and almost put me over the bars. Somehow I held on but when the trail took a sharp turn I lost it over the side. I was thrown, laid there as the handle bars rolled over my chest, roost guard saved me and the watched it take another roll before coming to a stop right side up on the edge of the ravine. When I finally got down the only way out was the ravine that had huge rocks that I needed to crawl over for a couple miles. Next time I'm going to scout for a safe way down before I climb. I did however learn what is meant by technical riding today.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Oh and the area if you are going west is on the right side of the road. As soon as you pass mile marker 12 watch for the 1st guardrail on the right. The entrance is about twenty feet past the end of the guardrail.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I was in that area around noon-ish. Looked around and then went down the road to another place. Not sure if I hit the right place, but I tried. Well, I take it that you didn't get injured, or at least not too bad. What about the quad? Did it take on any damage? At least you were able to ride away. It doesn't always end up that way. Any crash you can look back and laugh (kind of) at is considered a good lesson. I'll bet you won't do that again any time soon, at least not without scouting first.

·
Registered
574 Posts
What time were you there? I got there late. Round 230. We climbed some sick mountains. My quad almost ended up in a ravine when I rolled coming down a steep trail. The 700 climbs like a goat but those damn trails going down those mountains are treacherous. Rocky, loose dirt and some boulders thrown in. I was coming down and a ledge dropped nearly 3 feet down and almost put me over the bars. Somehow I held on but when the trail took a sharp turn I lost it over the side. I was thrown, laid there as the handle bars rolled over my chest, roost guard saved me and the watched it take another roll before coming to a stop right side up on the edge of the ravine. When I finally got down the only way out was the ravine that had huge rocks that I needed to crawl over for a couple miles. Next time I'm going to scout for a safe way down before I climb. I did however learn what is meant by technical riding today.
Ouch! Glad you didn't get hurt or get into any cactus. The desert trails can go from fun to oop's really quick.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts