Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

New battery covers

3K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  Baxter 
#1 ·
Thinking of building these to cover the new placement of the battery. Only did one side , as paint is not working properly.
What do you think !
Fuel tank Motorcycle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive fuel system

See less See more
#4 ·
C of G . You would not notice it on the dunes or play riding ( no offence intended), But it is more noticiable when dodging trees.

#5 ·
The battery doesnt weigh that much. Why not drop ur motor below the frame rails that would help too, and make some kind of jacked up cover for it also.

#8 ·
DONT BE AN ASS! Nobody likes smart mouth comments about things they do thier self, If U got something good to say then say it other wise keep ur smart one's to urself. Thats all I'm sayin.

#9 ·
I don't agree with trashing somebody's ingenuity. There is a thread on this web site (referenced from another site) where a couple of people trash some kids radiator cover that his father made for his quad and it seemed a little mean spirited. However, if, when you post pictures of your work, you are expecting a bunch of that-a-boys and no criticism, then you might not want to post pictures.

I will now step down from my soap box and except all criticism for what I have just posted.

Tahnk you and good day!

#11 ·
I have read that post and it should have been stopped !
Firstly I apologise to 700xx crazy , It was a stupid comment and I am sorry.
Secondly I would like more comments on my ideas (good or bad) ,It gives me an indication wether it is worth bothering with or not.
Also it does not matter wether you are the fastest guy in the desert or a weekend warrior . I would still like to know.

#14 ·
The only thing I am worried about is if this will effect the handling when airborn. This thing loves to jump.

#15 ·
If anything were to be done with the battery, installing a light weight batt would be more ideal than moving it and worrying about some fabbed up bracket breaking when your landing these knarly jumps. Some things are best left alone like hawk trying to baja his bike lol

#16 ·
Yeah I geuss your right. Could be expensive if I get it wrong but going to try and build the frame gaurds though . To see how it looks.

#17 ·
Have you measured the Bikes CG yet?

I got scales at work but never had the chance to check.

Now as for making the bike less top heavy...well rider position has more effect then the battery.

for me moving the bars and raising them helped me alot in the jumps. Kept myself in a good position to react. Alot of this as you yourself knows that its something learned though practice. I rode Bikes for some time before quads so i was used to moving myself around help rotate a turn or come off a jump level.

nice thing about this site is to see if anyone else is moving there battery around...and if it works. Moving the battery down might put it in a position to damage it...water or mud build-up. Adding the modification could also add more weight then needed.

If say your Quad pushes in turns (understeer) then maybe what you need is more weight up front. with the battery up front you also could shorten the wires needed.

Like i tell alot of people..this quad handles more like a Car then a Quad. So you got to think in terms of cars.

#19 ·
Been thinking for a couple of days now.
smoOoth1 . who makes the lite batterys or do you mean smaller battery ?
BiFfMaN . The only place or best place up front would be between the motor and radiater. But that is where the fuel pump is. Even my weight fetish,mad scientist brain is going to tackle that ! Not yet anyway :tup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.